47 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,153 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

How many weeks now have the anti-Deangelo people been saying "One game doesn't mean anything?" I remember hearing it after at least three other "one games" this year.

#17 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

David Wilson - 7.7 ypc, 2 TDs
Micheal Turner - 6.2 ypc TD
Martin - 5.3 ypc TD
Matthews 6.7 ypc TD
McGahee 5.3 ypc TD

Saints suck. RBs have gashed them all year....look at those yards per carry. Whatever your DWill opinion was before this game.....it shouldn't change much

#18 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

I dont think Jstew could have put up the same numbers

#19 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

He did nothing but increase his trade value in my opinion.

#20 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I dont think Jstew could have put up the same numbers

Why not?

Stewart has rushed for 200+ before when Williams was on IR and it wasn't against the worst D in NFL history.

#21 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

He's likely going to GB. Supposedly they showed the most interest in him this year. Also with the G-Jennings likely out in UFA(hopefully to CAR!!!) they should have some room to take him, just so long as he restructures.

I dont think his value could have been hurt in this game but his performance definitely helped.

#22 pantherpain

pantherpain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

He's likely going to GB. Supposedly they showed the most interest in him this year. Also with the G-Jennings likely out in UFA(hopefully to CAR!!!) they should have some room to take him, just so long as he restructures.

I dont think his value could have been hurt in this game but his performance definitely helped.

I hope he goes to a team like GB with a chance to get a ring.

#23 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I still think we have to do something with him. We're a salary cap MESS

#24 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Im all for D-Will and if he goes I wish him luck

#25 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Who was the last RB traded with a big contract? I have no idea, I just dont see a big market for trading either guy

#26 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Who was the last RB traded with a big contract? I have no idea, I just dont see a big market for trading either guy

And was 30.

And that hasn't had a big year in yearS.

Can't trade Williams.

#27 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'm not sure about his contract but Clinton Portis might have been. And that was straight up for Champ Bailey. Portis was like 24 though...

#28 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

I'm not sure about his contract but Clinton Portis might have been. And that was straight up for Champ Bailey. Portis was like 24 though...

6 yrs younger and coming off two back to back 1500+ seasons each with double digit TDs

He had only been in the league 2 yrs so he had to be on his rookie deal when traded

#29 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

rotoworld...

DeAngelo Williams rushed 21 times for 210 yards with two touchdowns in the Panthers' 44-38 Week 17 win over the Saints.

If this turns out to be Williams' last game as a Panther, he goes out with a fluky bang. He came into this one averaging 3.46 YPC with three touchdowns on 152 totes this season and hadn't topped 100 yards since October of 2011. The breakout performance against a woeful Saints' run defense likely won't be enough for Williams to avoid getting cut. The Panthers are thought to be willing to eat an $8 million cap hit and move forward with Jonathan Stewart as their feature back next to short-yardage pounder Mike Tolbert.

#30 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,018 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I like both of our starting RBs, but with Tolbert killin it, and with Cam's added ability to run... Double trouble is a luxury we dont need anymore.

I would be fine if we kept all 3 of our backs... but if we could trade one of them for an upgrade at a position of weakness, we would be better off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.