Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't expect any big coaching news from the Panthers on Monday

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Person said it?

Expect news Monday, lol.

^^Exactly what I was thinking lol

Posted

If no decision on Monday then that doesn't go well for Rivera. If you ask me, I would feel like they are thinking about letting him go. Why? Because if JR wanted him back that would be a clear cut decision.

Posted

If no decision on Monday then that doesn't go well for Rivera. If you ask me, I would feel like they are thinking about letting him go. Why? Because if JR wanted him back that would be a clear cut decision.

If Richardson wanted him gone, that'd be a clear cut decision too.

What I take from it is that there's a good chance he'll leave the decision to the new GM.

Posted

If Richardson wanted him gone, that'd be a clear cut decision too.

What I take from it is that there's a good chance he'll leave the decision to the new GM.

Yeah but you don't want to have knee jerk reactions . It's a great chance that the new GM might make the decision on that front. But I think JR will make his decision at least by Wednesday or Thursday and Rivera will be let go.

Posted

Yeah but you don't want to have knee jerk reactions . It's a great chance that the new GM might make the decision on that front. But I think JR will make his decision at least by Wednesday or Thursday and Rivera will be let go.

I think it ought to be up to the GM.

Let that be his first official decision.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ummm... not really,,, to be honest this season kinda took something out of me. I guess finally having something to be excited about again and them being let down AGAIN finally got to me. If i see the game, great, if I miss it, Ill catch the highlights... Nowadays a win seems like a pleasant suprise than an expectation regardless of the opponent. Its tough being proud of your city and both sports franchises are the laughing stocks of their respective leagues.

I guess its because i took a step back and took a hard look at JR and his approach to running this team and I have concluded that as long as we fans keep buying tix and merchandise and arent about to riot, he is OK with giving us the least we will tolerate. I think JR knows that he fans will accept a minimum of 7-9 to keep the pitch forks and paper bags from showing up at BofA stadium. Anything better is just gravy to keep the following year's "hope and dream" machine going...

Ummm... not really.

Posted

Rivera 2013 Panthers HC

Posted

Rivera 2013 Panthers HC

Hope not.

Posted

Hope not.

Me too but pretty sure he'll still be.

Posted

Me too but pretty sure he'll still be.

The whole thing in a nutshell is that I don't believe he is a guy that can lead us to the playoffs and eventually to the Super bowl. He is a good defensive coach no mistake about it. I just don't feel he can get it done when it really matters. So what we went 7-9. Look at what it took for us to get here. I don't want any part of Rivera next season. I have something even better for you, go back and look at Norv Turner records. Norv teams start slow and finish strong each year. They end up been mediocre year in and year out.

Posted

he will not be fired.we will keep him and for the third season in a row.we will blow chunks for over the first half of the season.only to win the games at the end that do not matter.

Posted

If Beane gets the GM gig I would suspend my fan card until we have a season we make the playoffs. They would all the benefit of rhe doubt and would be guilty until proven innocent in my book

Suspend your fan card? What are you...12 yo?