Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derek Anderson

48 posts in this topic

Posted

He wanted to finish that drive off and score you could tell by his body language when they called the time out. Personally I would have loved to see it. He has good fundamentals and a quick release. I feel great about him being our backup for the future.

Posted

Mr. Anderson is very polished. He has good mechanics, and he does know Chud's playbook. If there is one thing I want Cam to take away from DA, is his mechanics. The guy threw some crisp balls out there.

Edit: By the way, he's gone after this year. The only way he stays, is if he just love Carolina and don't mind being a back up.

1 person likes this

Posted

Inb4 King Tarharqa says he agrees he liked Anderson's help.

Posted

Mr. Anderson is very polished. He has good mechanics, and he does know Chud's playbook. If there is one thing I want Cam to take away from DA, is his mechanics. The guy threw some crisp balls out there.

Edit: By the way, he's gone after this year. The only way he stays, is if he just love Carolina and don't mind being a back up.

As opposed to leave to be backup?

No one is going to give Anderson a shot. He had his shots.

Posted

It's not funny

Posted

I chuckled about his first play being an "option", but the guy can throw if needed.

Posted

As opposed to leave to be backup?

No one is going to give Anderson a shot. He had his shots.

he might get a shot to go some place with a bunch of mediocre QBs to compete for a starting job on a team that didn't want to draft somebody.

Posted

Yes. He did well for the few plays he was in. I think we have one of the better #2 QB's in the NFL.

...yep...hes not going to hurt u,,,so why is pickles sucking up a roster spot..

Posted

...yep...hes not going to hurt u,,,so why is pickles sucking up a roster spot..

If you're asking to why Jimmy is on our roster, most team's keep 3 QBs, in case of emergency.

If you're asking why it's Jimmy in particular, as opposed to any other 3rd string QB, I have no idea.

Posted

Derrick Anderson has completed 1 NFL pass.....since he stunk up the joint despite having Larry Fitzgerald and competed with a rookie Clausen as to who was the most pathetic QB in the NFL. He hasn't shown anything resembling good play in a half decade.

Now we have the best backup QB in the NFL who might leave to start somewhere else?

Think we might be jumping the gun here.....or just label me as negative. DA becomes irrelevant the moment Chud is gone IMO.

Posted

Think we might be jumping the gun here.....or just label me as negative. DA becomes irrelevant the moment Chud is gone IMO.

I don't necessarily think that's true, but only from a teammate/chemistry stand-point. He and Cam seem to be really good friends, and with a QB/back-up QB relationship, that's important.

Posted

Considering the alternative he's awesome.