Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Derek Anderson

48 posts in this topic

We will be lucky if we have him as a back up next year

I don't necessarily think that's true, but only from a teammate/chemistry stand-point. He and Cam seem to be really good friends, and with a QB/back-up QB relationship, that's important.

Yeah, that doesn't sell me on it. Stewart and Williams are really good friends. Didn't mean both them being on our roster was smart

Yeah, that doesn't sell me on it. Stewart and Williams are really good friends. Didn't mean other them being on our roster was smart

No, I agree, but I think the only reason I would like for DA to return is because he and Cam have such great chemistry. I definitely don't think he's the greatest back-up ever, or anything.

(However, he is hella better than teh Jimmy.)

He is a decent backup, and also I crack up every time I think of that press conference, so I'm glad he is on the team.

As opposed to leave to be backup?

No one is going to give Anderson a shot. He had his shots.

DA has been the starter, but to say he's had his shots isn't entirely accurate. He's started on some bad teams. The only time he had any resemblance of talent around him, he led the Browns (the fuging Browns!) to a winning record.

Even if you have Fitzgerald, you need a line and a running game. (for another example of trying to win with just an elite WR, see the 2005 NFCCG)

DA has been the starter, but to say he's had his shots isn't entirely accurate. He's started on some bad teams. The only time he had any resemblance of talent around him, he led the Browns (the fuging Browns!) to a winning record.

Even if you have Fitzgerald, you need a line and a running game. (for another example of trying to win with just an elite WR, see the 2005 NFCCG)

What was the difference in talent around him in Cleveland the following year? The one where he was so bad they benched him for Brady Quinn?

What was the difference in AZ in talent vs the year before he got his shot? They were a 10 win team with the same OL and RBs.

Anderson has had his number called several years to start games. He isn't very good. Nothing has ever supported that fluke year in Cleveland. Anderson, Braylon and Winslow had a perfect storm season.

What was the difference in talent around him in Cleveland the following year? The one where he was so bad they benched him for Brady Quinn?

What was the difference in AZ in talent vs the year before he got his shot? They were a 10 win team with the same OL and RBs.

Anderson has had his number called several years to start games. He isn't very good. Nothing has ever supported that fluke year in Cleveland. Anderson, Braylon and Winslow had a perfect storm season.

In Cleveland, Winslow was his security blanket in 2007. He missed half the second season. The line didn't get it done in 2008 - Jamal Lewis couldn't move the ball and Anderson was sacked as many time during his short starting stint as he was the entire previous season. They also missed having Jurevicious in the slot. Most importantly, he was the QB for 3 of their 4 wins in 2008.

Last offseason, I made it a point to be vocal in my hopes that Chud was hired as a headcoach. He has a history of going full retard the second season, no matter what his role is.

I never watched Anderson play in Arizona. All I know is that 2010 Arizona team is Jimmy Clausen's only win as a starter. Some team they were.

That was a nice throw to Murphy when the Aints got flagged for holding. He looked 100% ready when he stepped in. Glad we have him, hope we keep him around.

derse derrison is a good backup

The year of the rookie qb? DA isn't getting a starting gig. Him and.Vick are on the outside looking in. I think he stays. I hope he stays

As opposed to leave to be backup?

No one is going to give Anderson a shot. He had his shots.

I think if Chud were to get a job in Philly for instance, DA will not be far behind him. He would have an excellent chance to start in that situation. Or he could go wherever Norv ends up as an OC, as he runs a vertical style offense. Many of us predicted DA would stay with us for two years, now I think he will want to start again and get that money.

I think that DA could win some games for us if he was called apon. Obviously the defense would be able to change their gamplan against him verse Cam cause he's not as mobile. But I think that he'd hurt em with the short yardage throws, then kill deep.