• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

As opposed to leave to be backup?

No one is going to give Anderson a shot. He had his shots.

he might get a shot to go some place with a bunch of mediocre QBs to compete for a starting job on a team that didn't want to draft somebody.

#32 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Yes. He did well for the few plays he was in. I think we have one of the better #2 QB's in the NFL.

...yep...hes not going to hurt u,,,so why is pickles sucking up a roster spot..

#33 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

...yep...hes not going to hurt u,,,so why is pickles sucking up a roster spot..

If you're asking to why Jimmy is on our roster, most team's keep 3 QBs, in case of emergency.

If you're asking why it's Jimmy in particular, as opposed to any other 3rd string QB, I have no idea.

#34 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Derrick Anderson has completed 1 NFL pass.....since he stunk up the joint despite having Larry Fitzgerald and competed with a rookie Clausen as to who was the most pathetic QB in the NFL. He hasn't shown anything resembling good play in a half decade.

Now we have the best backup QB in the NFL who might leave to start somewhere else?

Think we might be jumping the gun here.....or just label me as negative. DA becomes irrelevant the moment Chud is gone IMO.

#35 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Think we might be jumping the gun here.....or just label me as negative. DA becomes irrelevant the moment Chud is gone IMO.

I don't necessarily think that's true, but only from a teammate/chemistry stand-point. He and Cam seem to be really good friends, and with a QB/back-up QB relationship, that's important.

#36 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,339 posts
  • Location910

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Considering the alternative he's awesome.

#37 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

We will be lucky if we have him as a back up next year

#38 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

I don't necessarily think that's true, but only from a teammate/chemistry stand-point. He and Cam seem to be really good friends, and with a QB/back-up QB relationship, that's important.

Yeah, that doesn't sell me on it. Stewart and Williams are really good friends. Didn't mean both them being on our roster was smart

#39 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Yeah, that doesn't sell me on it. Stewart and Williams are really good friends. Didn't mean other them being on our roster was smart

No, I agree, but I think the only reason I would like for DA to return is because he and Cam have such great chemistry. I definitely don't think he's the greatest back-up ever, or anything.

(However, he is hella better than teh Jimmy.)

#40 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

He is a decent backup, and also I crack up every time I think of that press conference, so I'm glad he is on the team.

#41 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

As opposed to leave to be backup?

No one is going to give Anderson a shot. He had his shots.

DA has been the starter, but to say he's had his shots isn't entirely accurate. He's started on some bad teams. The only time he had any resemblance of talent around him, he led the Browns (the fuging Browns!) to a winning record.
Even if you have Fitzgerald, you need a line and a running game. (for another example of trying to win with just an elite WR, see the 2005 NFCCG)

#42 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

DA has been the starter, but to say he's had his shots isn't entirely accurate. He's started on some bad teams. The only time he had any resemblance of talent around him, he led the Browns (the fuging Browns!) to a winning record.
Even if you have Fitzgerald, you need a line and a running game. (for another example of trying to win with just an elite WR, see the 2005 NFCCG)

What was the difference in talent around him in Cleveland the following year? The one where he was so bad they benched him for Brady Quinn?

What was the difference in AZ in talent vs the year before he got his shot? They were a 10 win team with the same OL and RBs.

Anderson has had his number called several years to start games. He isn't very good. Nothing has ever supported that fluke year in Cleveland. Anderson, Braylon and Winslow had a perfect storm season.

#43 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

What was the difference in talent around him in Cleveland the following year? The one where he was so bad they benched him for Brady Quinn?

What was the difference in AZ in talent vs the year before he got his shot? They were a 10 win team with the same OL and RBs.

Anderson has had his number called several years to start games. He isn't very good. Nothing has ever supported that fluke year in Cleveland. Anderson, Braylon and Winslow had a perfect storm season.

In Cleveland, Winslow was his security blanket in 2007. He missed half the second season. The line didn't get it done in 2008 - Jamal Lewis couldn't move the ball and Anderson was sacked as many time during his short starting stint as he was the entire previous season. They also missed having Jurevicious in the slot. Most importantly, he was the QB for 3 of their 4 wins in 2008.

Last offseason, I made it a point to be vocal in my hopes that Chud was hired as a headcoach. He has a history of going full retard the second season, no matter what his role is.

I never watched Anderson play in Arizona. All I know is that 2010 Arizona team is Jimmy Clausen's only win as a starter. Some team they were.

#44 osd22

osd22

Weltmeister

• ALL-PRO
  • 776 posts
  • LocationNo. 1 Panthers Fan in Deutschland

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

That was a nice throw to Murphy when the Aints got flagged for holding. He looked 100% ready when he stepped in. Glad we have him, hope we keep him around.

#45 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,790 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

derse derrison is a good backup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com