Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So another 10-6 team gets shafted from the playoffs.. Expand playoff teams now!

48 posts in this topic

Posted

bears didn't deserve it and I hate their brand of football. Screw them.

Why do the 10-6 Vikings deserve it and not the 10-6 Bears?

Posted

32 teams, 14 isnt close to half. 16 teams, that would be awful. Why should the 10-6 Vikings make the playoffs but not the 10-6 Bears. Because of stupid tiebreaking rules. How heartbreaking would it be if we went 10-6 and missed the playoffs. God I hope the comish does the right thing and expand to 14 teams

In what world is 14 of 32 not "damn near close to half?" That's 44% dude.

3 people like this

Posted

would you just shut up. My god. You're like a girl that is constantly talking and whining about poo. Put your hands under your butt and don't touch a keyboard for a while. Please?

Keyboard? what are you, 80? I do all this from my smartphone.

Posted

I like how it works. Keep division rivalries

Well they could also merge divisions and have 2 bigger ones instead of 4.

It is only a matter of time before the season gets extended to have more games anyway.

Not saying it is a brilliant idea or that I have issues with the way it is, just some ideas.

Either way I want the roster extended.

Posted

32 teams, 14 isnt close to half.

14 teams is 44%. That is close to half.

Actually, since you can't add an odd number to the playoffs, 14 is literally as close to half as you can get without, well, actually being at half.

1 person likes this

Posted

The bears started 7 -1 and only won 3 Games in The second half of The season. They didnt deserve to make it either. An epic collapse.

3 people like this

Posted

I like it as is.. giants poohed the bed when they had the lead in the division.

Plus, do people really want to see a Manning-Manning Super Bowl?

Posted

Why do the 10-6 Vikings deserve it and not the 10-6 Bears?

because they had the tie breaker

Posted

The bears started 7 -1 and only won 3 Games in The second half of The season. They didnt deserve to make it either. An epic collapse.

quoted for truth

Posted

No thanks. I like having divisional games/rivalries mean something.

Other games would take the place of that. Just playing devils advocate but does anyone honestly miss playing the 49ers or any other NFC west team?

In a conference scenario you'd still be playing each team in the NFC, which IMO would show who the better team is overall anyway.

What does the Broncos numerous victories over the Chiefs and Raiders really mean? Yay we get it those teams suck, why let decent to good teams feast upon loser teams like that, while 3 teams in the NFC East have winning records for example.(and I hate the NFC East but it's true)

Posted

No. Playoffs at 12 is fine. We don't need damn near half the league making the playoffs.

That's correct. The way it now stands,if your record is not deserving then you don't make the playoffs. This is very simple. There's no need to milk down the playoffs.

Posted

You are what you are.