Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,454 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

lol but seriously though when have they ever written something objective

That's kind of the point.

You pretty much never saw criticism of Delhomme on there until right before he was released.

If you see more stuff praising Rivera over the next few days, well...

#32 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Apparently not everyone :lol:

I'm guessing he won't be one of the candidates that the Panthers look at. Rivera hasn't once blamed his players. He is a class act and though he doesn't show emotion on the field, it is obvious that he shows emotion behind closed doors.

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,454 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

I'm guessing he won't be one of the candidates that the Panthers look at. Rivera hasn't once blamed his players. He is a class act and though he doesn't show emotion on the field, it is obvious that he shows emotion behind closed doors.

I thought he might be if one of the Giants guys got the GM job and Rivera was gone.

After that though, not so sure.

#34 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

If not for Rivera going conservative, we could have eeked out a few more wins. You and I both know this. What's funny is that one year ago, Rivera did much of the same. He went conservative the Panthers held leads during late games, and eventually, it costed us. If Rivera changed, or simply altered his late-game plans/playcalling slightly, many of us fans wouldn't be as disappointed. However, seeing loss after loss, week after week due to the same poor, late-game management disappoints fans.

John Fox was the same conservative coach so that argument is a foolish one. The difference was that the Panthers made plays down the stretch while Fox was coaching. Now, not so much.

#35 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

I know a lot of people don't like McCoy but if the Broncos make it to the Super Bowl, he will get some looks from some teams.

#36 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

That reminds me...

Giants DC Perry Fewell blames his players

Not a good idea.

For whatever else you think of him, Rivera is by all accounts a guy who accepts blame and deflects credit.

Then you've watched different press conferences than I have.

I repeatedly see other coaches flat out say, "put this one on me, the coaches and I didn't do a good job preparing the team this week".

Ron talks about the player's failures in execution. When has he ever come out and said "sorry, but we screwed up our offensive scheme the first part of the year, and I take responsibility for that"?

#37 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,454 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

I repeatedly see other coaches flat out say, "put this one on me, the coaches and I didn't do a good job preparing the team this week".

Ron talks about the player's failures in execution. When has he ever come out and said "sorry, but we screwed up our offensive scheme the first part of the year, and I take responsibility for that"?

I'm going off of what Steve Smith and others have said about him.

#38 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Also give credit to Luke Kuechly, the first three losses, Keek was playing OLB. If Keek is in the middle, there is little doubt that we lose to Atl or TB as both of those teams beat us on the ground.

#39 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Ron says we didn't execute, Ron has never said the players didn't execute. "We" implies a team, coaches included.

#40 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

If Rivera is retained we need a poll for next year to see who was for him and who was against him. Either way, there will be a lot of crow to eat.

#41 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

lol this stupid shithead is taking the anonymous defender who thinks his division I-aaa quality control coaching job makes him more informed role too seriously

#42 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Mainly because it does. The same guy that recruited Julius Peppers to UNC is the same guy that I sit down and talk to on a daily basis.

The fact is, if you don't know anything about a coaching position don't talk. It just makes you look stupid.

#43 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Rivera has delivered exactly what he promised! Little Brother is getting bigger! Is it happening at the rate we desire? No, but I vote one more year! Then its playoffs or unemployment line

#44 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,764 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

But it is the same as last year. Almost to a T.

#45 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,454 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Rivera has delivered exactly what he promised! Little Brother is getting bigger! Is it happening at the rate we desire? No, but I vote one more year! Then its playoffs or unemployment line

I'd agree that anything short of at least making the playoffs next year isn't good enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com