144 replies to this topic

#46 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

cp8789 you don't know poo about coaching in the NFL so just because you talk to some guy that promised peppers he could maintain a sub-2.0 GPA and fail almost every black history course he took and still play football at UNC doesn't mean the guy who doesn't know when to call a timeout needs a third chance

plenty of people on here that don't know what they're talking about do some coaching on the side

#47 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

These past four weeks Rivera has earned his job.

So, during the course of a 16-game season, you're satisfied with a coach earning his keep using 25% of the season as criteria?

Thanks for setting the bar... now we all know what your expectations are.

#48 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Rivera has delivered exactly what he promised! Little Brother is getting bigger! Is it happening at the rate we desire? No, but I vote one more year! Then its playoffs or unemployment line

This. I don't think anyone has been listening.

#49 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Rivera has delivered exactly what he promised! Little Brother is getting bigger! Is it happening at the rate we desire? No, but I vote one more year! Then its playoffs or unemployment line

Next year: 8-8!

we'll get better in one-game increments every season

#50 Panthers Nation

Panthers Nation

Swaggin on ducks on a daily basis.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Worst day in Panthers history.

#51 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Cam hasn't spoke in his favor and that's all that counts...

Cam is not Captain. Plus, he is really part of this team?

#52 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Not really.

#53 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Not even close.

The ends of the 2001 and 2010 seasons were by far worse than this day.

Heck, today isn't really even a bad day. We beat the Saints and avenged last year's season ender :D

#54 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

So, during the course of a 16-game season, you're satisfied with a coach earning his keep using 25% of the season as criteria?

Thanks for setting the bar... now we all know what your expectations are.

I am satisfied with an improvement, which is what we got. This wasn't going to be fixed over night. Yes, mistakes were made; mainly on the offensive side. However, other things were accomplished. The Panthers finally have a top ten defense again. If the Panthers keep the basic offense that they have instilled these past four weeks they are easily a playoff team.

People have gotten wrapped up in the first three-fourth's of the season.

The fact is that the Panthers coaches made adjustments and the players have stepped their own game up.

I'm guessing you are on the Chip Kelly bandwagon. If so, what makes Kelly more qualified than Rivera? It certainly can't be his NFL experience, or his experience in close games (he won't blow NFL teams out), how about his ability to run a defense and offense similar to the Panthers (his current offense: the spread and defense: 3-4 hybrid aren't even close to what the Panthers run).

The team is trending up, to ruin that now would destroy the locker room and most likely put us in the basement again next year.

#55 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

But it is the same as last year. Almost to a T.

No it isn't, we finished last year getting destroyed by the Saints! We ended this year with a four game win streak and beating the Saints in their house. Momentum is key here in shaking the losing culture

#56 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

cp8789 you don't know poo about coaching in the NFL so just because you talk to some guy that promised peppers he could maintain a sub-2.0 GPA and fail almost every black history course he took and still play football at UNC doesn't mean the guy who doesn't know when to call a timeout needs a third chance

plenty of people on here that don't know what they're talking about do some coaching on the side

Carl Torbush recruited JP, clearly you don't know anything about the Tar Heels football program but you may not be a Heels fan so I can't blame you there.

However, being around the game daily being that it's my job makes me qualified. I don't tell you how to run your job, so don't try to tell me that I don't know more than you about my job.

#57 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

No it isn't, we finished last year getting destroyed by the Saints! We ended this year with a four game win streak and beating the Saints in their house. Momentum is key here in shaking the losing culture

Ah geez not this again.

#58 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,058 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Didn't someone on this very site say that the players didn't like Rivera because he screamed at them and cussed and used profanity at them too much/whipped them too hard in practice? I did read that on here.

#59 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Carl Torbush recruited JP, clearly you don't know anything about the Tar Heels football program but you may not be a Heels fan so I can't blame you there.

However, being around the game daily being that it's my job makes me qualified. I don't tell you how to run your job, so don't try to tell me that I don't know more than you about my job.

this is the same thing as saying going to an aquarium store and walking around goldfish makes you a fish expert

Clearly, nobody knows what the fug you're talking about because this is what you do

1. Speak cryptically about your job
2. Jump into every thread spewing crap
3. inflate self-importance
4. talk convoluted nonsense
5. wait for somebody to respond to the retarded remarks you make
6. ???
7. profit.

#60 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

cp8789 what does you knowing or working with peppers' recruiter (if you do) have to do with Rivera calling timeouts so that the opposing team's field goal unit can come out and make him lose by 3 points?

just how many anecdotes and bunny trails will you go down in a deceptive attempt to win a debate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com