Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restaurant discrimination against black customers

252 posts in this topic

Posted

from what I hear service in countries were tipping isn't customary far exceeds ours.

Horribly wrong.

Posted

Horribly wrong.

philb settle this right here and now

Posted

I don't care what any of you tip; it's you that looks like the cheap jackass leaving a crappy tip. If you don't want to look like a cheapskate, leave at least a 18% tip. Simple and plain.

Posted

no, it sounds like they ARE blaming an entire race (check the OP. servers admit to giving black people poor service, and nearly all of them report hearing or taking part in "racially charged conversations")

also

i don't see your point here

Re-read the OP's article, did not see any blame being laid by it.

If I got a couple of complaints at the places I worked, or the same when I owned, I would have either been fired, or would have fired that server.

Although you hate to hear that too....you know me being a business owner, and firing someone and all....

You never change the way you treat people, just hope that they see the value in the service you are providing, and pay you accordingly. When they don't, words start to get thrown around, then there are stereotypes made.

Posted

You never change the way you treat people, just hope that they see the value in the service you are providing, and pay you accordingly. When they don't, words start to get thrown around, then there are stereotypes made.

according to the OP, 40% admit to "changing the way they treat people" here in nc

also stop trying to justify stereotyping

Re-read the OP's article, did not see any blame being laid by it.

um if you discriminate based upon race due to the fuged up system of which you're a part of, it sure as fug sounds like you're blaming them

Posted

I don't care what any of you tip; it's you that looks like the cheap jackass leaving a crappy tip. If you don't want to look like a cheapskate, leave at least a 18% tip. Simple and plain.

15-20 is widely accepted for an okay job.

Posted

yeah it's weird how the "tip this much or you're an asshole and so is your entire race" threshold seems to creep upwards. minimum tips good, minimum wage bad

1 person likes this

Posted

from what I hear service in countries were tipping isn't customary far exceeds ours.

In my experience (10 years in the navy, 30 different countries) service overseas is just as hit and miss as it is in the States.

Posted

could be, just what people I know say

Posted

:lol: SZ neg repped me.

LMAO

He neg reps me every day. Routine: Think he has breakfast, neg reps me, and then starts the rest of his day.

Posted

False: I neg rep you and then I eat breakfast, which consists of a nice healthy balanced meal of Republican tears

Posted

so today's takeaways on the tinderbox are:

tip over 15% and quit reducing the role someone plays down to what you think it is. if tipping is so painful start cooking at home.

no race is immune from being cheap and unruly. nor is any race immune from itself stereotyping.

cantrell talks a big game about living wages but totally whiffs when he gets his chance to tip generously to those poor serfs that are serving him who are so oppressed they don't realize the plight they are in.

i will never hear O Canada the same anymore.