Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restaurant discrimination against black customers

252 posts in this topic

Posted

My wife has been a bartender and waitress. She told me that the black waitresses try to avoid being seated black customers because of this so what do you call that? Is that racism?

1 person likes this

Posted

My wife has been a bartender and waitress. She told me that the black waitresses try to avoid being seated black customers because of this so what do you call that? Is that racism?

yes, discrimination based on one's skin color is indeed the definition of racism

1 person likes this

Posted

what the fug do you call that? what do you call the mindset of the people in the survey?

ah fug it don't bother.

Posted

what the fug do you call that? what do you call the mindset of the people in the survey?

ah fug it don't bother.

if i'm not mistaken this is the same guy that blamed the newtown shooting on omniscient/omnipresent god rendered helpless by being banned from schools and on working mothers, so there's very few responses he'd make that'd surprise me to be honest

2 people like this

Posted

Haha if you, as a waiter, treat people you've never met before differently because of their race, then you're an idiot who is willingly losing money.

Also prejudiced, but mainly stupid

Posted

if i'm not mistaken this is the same guy that blamed the newtown shooting on omniscient/omnipresent god rendered helpless by being banned from schools and on working mothers, so there's very few responses he'd make that'd surprise me to be honest

I know. Occasionally he posts in this type of thread. Truly mind-numbing.

Posted

yes, discrimination based on one's skin color is indeed the definition of racism

So its black people racist against black people?

Posted

So its black people racist against black people?

So this makes it A-OKAY right man?!?!?

Posted

When I worked in a restaurant back when I was a teenager, black people from the local churches would fill the place up starting about 1pm on Sunday. It was a cafeteria, so tips were not a concern. But I did notice we used about twice as much grape and orange soda as we did on other days. So I came to the conclusion that black people like grape and orange soda more than white people do.

Posted

I remember at a restaurant during furniture market, the waitresses would fight over the Japanese groups who came in. Evidently, they tipped very well. Better than the rest of us anyway

Posted

but but but thats racist! stats just cannot count against a race or it is racism!

I believe a race should not be defined by stats, but you know the correlation is there. I know and anyone with sense knows that its not true for everyone of that race.

However for some reason its ok to take some off the wall christians nutz and let them define the rest of christianity, but you get anywhere near that with a race of people and its racism. It is all hate all the time. I am a christian and despite all the heat we get I'd help you if I could even if you've been spiteful to my beliefs just'cause that's what we do.

Posted

Are these stats or anecdotes?