Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restaurant discrimination against black customers

252 posts in this topic

Posted

When I was living in Chapel Hill, one of my best friends went to this little breakfast place up off Frankiln St. A typical "Rams Club"-type place. A lot of snooty white folks acting like the place is all theirs and such... He walks in, the waitress hurriedly rushes up to him and says, "You want to come have a seat in the back?" It wasn't a question it was more like a nicely stated demand.

Only black guy in there and coincidentally, he is asked if he would like to sit separate from the rest of the patrons.

That kind of stuff is why I laugh at people convinced everything is "even" now, lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

Servers treat young people different too, for the same reason that they're perceived as poor tippers.

Just as wrong or no?

2 people like this

Posted

Servers treat young people different too, for the same reason that they're perceived as poor tippers.

Just as wrong or no?

My wife has said the same. Also older white people with money (country club types/ lower/ high society types) don't tip very well either.

Now the guys who own things like Murphy farms and stuff like that are more down to earth and tip well.

There is a line of perception across a few different fields. They are blurry because of the exception to rules type, but they are there none the less

1 person likes this

Posted

Black people not tipping is common knowledge, right or wrong.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just as wrong or no?

Ageism is wrong, too.

Dunno if it's "just as wrong." I don't really like trying to classify which types of discrimination are worst.

Posted

it's amazing how quickly people will start to discriminate when you monetarily incentivize them to.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't blame them. Stereotypes are funny because they are true. This happens because they are repeatedly treated that way by black patrons, not prejudice.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, after a lot of back and forth, it seems that there still might be a bit of prejudice, but by and large, it is a monetary issue.

Who is gonna give you the bucks? That is who I want to serve. Hard to grasp?

Just think, the goverment giving out bucks and guess who gets behind them? All who get the money. Money talks.

1 person likes this

Posted

from the comment section of the Daily Fail:

z1Fcdc.jpg

The first comment was made by Peter North. :)

Posted

I don't blame them. Stereotypes are funny because they are true.

You've just sided with Grits 'R Great saying that Cam sucks because black people can't play QB.

Posted

You've just sided with Grits 'R Great saying that Cam sucks because black people can't play QB.

No. Some black people can play qb. Just like some black people tip. lol

Posted

You also have to throw in the manner in which people learn how to tip. Some people don't even know how to calculate a tip. So education plays a role in this as well.