Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restaurant discrimination against black customers

252 posts in this topic

Posted

no goofball. YOU, are the one who stereotypes as much as anyone here. but because your bias blinds you, you wouldn't know it if it ran over you in an ice cream truck full of truth and things that are obvious and then it backed up over you and then opened up all the cases full of ice cream bars and they were shot at you with a cannon and hit you square in the face.

you would still think you were right even as you had ice cream goo dripping from you like it was some sadistic bukkake film.

you stereotype by going, let me give the canned responses. its that simple. it has nothing to do with the posters and omg are they racists or not by stating things they saw in reality.

i hope 2013 you can get a personality, a girlfriend and lose some weight and take up pottery to pass your time this year. you need something more constructive in your life besides incessantly posting things that are as fantastical as JRR Tolkien poems.

Posted

who did i stereotype? what group did i stereotype with that response?

again

"you stereotype but i can't tell you who you've stereotyped because uhhhhhh"

rock solid argument there pstall i look forward to your next shitpost

Posted

also

you would still think you were right even as you had ice cream goo dripping from you like it was some sadistic bukkake film.

what the fug is this

Posted

no goofball. YOU, are the one who stereotypes as much as anyone here. but because your bias blinds you, you wouldn't know it if it ran over you in an ice cream truck full of truth and things that are obvious and then it backed up over you and then opened up all the cases full of ice cream bars and they were shot at you with a cannon and hit you square in the face.

you stereotype by going, let me give the canned responses. its that simple. it has nothing to do with the posters and omg are they racists or not by stating things they saw in reality.

i hope 2013 you can get a personality, a girlfriend and lose some weight and take up pottery to pass your time this year. you need something more constructive in your life besides incessantly posting things that are as fantastical as JRR Tolkien poems.

:lol:

Posted

i mean i knew someone was going to try to shoehorn a "YOU'RE THE REAL RACIST BIGOT" in a thread about racist southerners but can't say i expected it to go quite like this

never change, pstall

Posted

In my experience, hard-line conservative christians, both of the well-to-do and trailer park variety, are the worst tippers on average.

Posted

In my experience, hard-line conservative christians, both of the well-to-do and trailer park variety, are the worst tippers on average.

i can anecodatally confirm this as well as the fact that offering to pray for you is equal to or greater than a good tip in their eyes

Posted

The tipping divide

The study, by a researcher at Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration, found that blacks tip on average 20 percent less than whites. In addition, restaurant workers of all races dislike waiting on black people because they assume the tips will be less no matter how good the service. NPR's Juan Williams reports.

The study found that 63 percent of blacks and 30 percent of whites didn't understand that the standard restaurant tip in the United States is 15 to 20 percent. The difference between how blacks and whites view tipping has serious ramifications for restaurants, including lawsuits and lost profits, Williams reports.

In some cases the difference in tipping may be the result of poor service, but blacks interviewed in one of Lynn's studies rated the service slightly higher yet still tipped less than whites, he says.

If a waiter says, 'I don't want to wait on that table because they're black or they're Hispanic, then they tend to give less service and it's a self-fulfilling prophecy," Fernandez explains..

He says cultural elements — blacks have avoided sit-down restaurants in favor of take out or self-service eateries — institutionalized racism that exists in the restaurant industry and education about tipping are all behind the discrepancy. "How do people learn about tipping? If you don't go, you don't know."

So basically, black people do tip less and the restaurant industry needs to educate them (as well as some white people) on how much to tip.

end thread.

Posted

/open thread

thank you for your shitty post but the thread will not end just because of you

Posted

couple things not provided from that study:

sample size

when

where

method

basically everything important

Posted

/open thread

thank you for your shitty post but the thread will not end just because of you

All I did was quote an NPR article.

But NPR is a well known bastion of racism.

1 person likes this

Posted

All I did was quote an NPR article.

But NPR is a well known bastion of racism.

You quoted an article with no validity AND you act like your opinion is the end all be all in the discussion and no further posts are necessary.

Not how things work.