251 replies to this topic

#181 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,282 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I had forgotten about it, but I do remember other (non-black) servers referring to black customers as canadian. And interestingly enough, the most racist person I worked with was Colombian and could barely speak english.

I remember someone being like "Ughh I just got a four top of Canadians." And I was like, what are they wearing hockey jerseys or something?

#182 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

the whole reference as Kurb explains it really means no sense to me seeing the Canadian dollar has been at par or better than that green back the last couple of years.

#183 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

stupid loonies.

#184 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I don't hear anyone complaining about their work load.

Just pointing out that there are huge differences in Ruby Tuesdays, and The Angus Barn, and you have to pay for those differences not just on the food, but also on the tip.

i was speaking more in terms of "as a server, you knew going in that your wages are directly tied to the customer's willingness to tip so deal with it" which is in fact entirely true and the reason why servers should instead blame their employers when their wages suffer, rather than scapegoating an entire race of people

#185 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

i was speaking more in terms of "as a server, you knew going in that your wages are directly tied to the customer's willingness to tip so deal with it" which is in fact entirely true and the reason why servers should instead blame their employers when their wages suffer, rather than scapegoating an entire race of people

They do know what they will be paid, and they are not blaming anyone for their income, they are merely making blanket observations and remarks.

SZ was saying all wait staff and bartenders are the same and why should he have to pay more for a steak dinner than a burger and fries.

No reason to blame employers for the pay either, we have some of the best dining in the world for the money. I don't want my waitstaff working for 9.50 per hour because I like good service when dining out.

#186 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

no, it sounds like they ARE blaming an entire race (check the OP. servers admit to giving black people poor service, and nearly all of them report hearing or taking part in "racially charged conversations")

also

No reason to blame employers for the pay either, we have some of the best dining in the world for the money. I don't want my waitstaff working for 9.50 per hour because I like good service when dining out.

i don't see your point here

#187 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

You said that servers should look to their employers for money instead of relying on patrons to make up the majority of their income.

It's a system that provides good service, and cheaper food, there is nothing wrong with the system, there is something wrong with the users of said system...the patrons.

#188 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,265 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

from what I hear service in countries were tipping isn't customary far exceeds ours.

#189 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

except that it doesn't appear to offer good service to all

deciding that you are going to give a black couple poor service just because they're black is in fact discriminatory and uh that judgement is made long before the the couple has had the opportunity to tip or even order.

#190 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

What a thread

N word = thug and Canadian now

Shaka Zulu finds out that he is actually shortchanging waiters and waitresses even though his tread

Cantrell just happy to be talking race.

NC Biscuit defining moose knuckle to Hawk

Happy New Year!!!!

#191 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

from what I hear service in countries were tipping isn't customary far exceeds ours.

no see giving servers incentive to judge the poo out of you is actually conducive to fantastic service somehow

#192 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

told you early on, the Japanese used to kill it in tips

#193 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Horribly wrong.

#194 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,265 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Horribly wrong.

philb settle this right here and now

#195 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,282 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

I don't care what any of you tip; it's you that looks like the cheap jackass leaving a crappy tip. If you don't want to look like a cheapskate, leave at least a 18% tip. Simple and plain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com