251 replies to this topic

#196 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,874 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

no, it sounds like they ARE blaming an entire race (check the OP. servers admit to giving black people poor service, and nearly all of them report hearing or taking part in "racially charged conversations")

also

i don't see your point here

Re-read the OP's article, did not see any blame being laid by it.

If I got a couple of complaints at the places I worked, or the same when I owned, I would have either been fired, or would have fired that server.

Although you hate to hear that too....you know me being a business owner, and firing someone and all....

You never change the way you treat people, just hope that they see the value in the service you are providing, and pay you accordingly. When they don't, words start to get thrown around, then there are stereotypes made.

#197 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

You never change the way you treat people, just hope that they see the value in the service you are providing, and pay you accordingly. When they don't, words start to get thrown around, then there are stereotypes made.

according to the OP, 40% admit to "changing the way they treat people" here in nc

also stop trying to justify stereotyping

Re-read the OP's article, did not see any blame being laid by it.

um if you discriminate based upon race due to the fuged up system of which you're a part of, it sure as fug sounds like you're blaming them

#198 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I don't care what any of you tip; it's you that looks like the cheap jackass leaving a crappy tip. If you don't want to look like a cheapskate, leave at least a 18% tip. Simple and plain.

15-20 is widely accepted for an okay job.

#199 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

yeah it's weird how the "tip this much or you're an asshole and so is your entire race" threshold seems to creep upwards. minimum tips good, minimum wage bad

#200 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

from what I hear service in countries were tipping isn't customary far exceeds ours.

In my experience (10 years in the navy, 30 different countries) service overseas is just as hit and miss as it is in the States.

#201 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

could be, just what people I know say

#202 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,195 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

:lol: SZ neg repped me.

LMAO

He neg reps me every day. Routine: Think he has breakfast, neg reps me, and then starts the rest of his day.

#203 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

False: I neg rep you and then I eat breakfast, which consists of a nice healthy balanced meal of Republican tears

#204 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,253 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

so today's takeaways on the tinderbox are:
tip over 15% and quit reducing the role someone plays down to what you think it is. if tipping is so painful start cooking at home.
no race is immune from being cheap and unruly. nor is any race immune from itself stereotyping.
cantrell talks a big game about living wages but totally whiffs when he gets his chance to tip generously to those poor serfs that are serving him who are so oppressed they don't realize the plight they are in.
i will never hear O Canada the same anymore.

#205 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

first stirs, now pstall

how many shitposters are going to try to sum up this thread to suit their own stupid beliefs?

#206 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

hey blackcatgrowl i know you're lurking around here somewhere

this topic desperately needs more bad posting

#207 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,253 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

cant tell, you are just dumb. its ok to admit here man. nobody will judge you are put you on ignore, although that might be the most productive thing anybody might do this year.

#208 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

ok i'll humor you

so today's takeaways on the tinderbox are:
tip over 15% and quit reducing the role someone plays down to what you think it is. if tipping is so painful start cooking at home.

"quit reducing the role someone plays down to what you think it is"

that is unless you set that person's wage yourself because then it's perfectly fine to say "you will only be paid $2.13 an hour, with the rest made up by tips because fug you i am capitalist swine"

and again, why do you fuging stupid republicans always go with "if you don't like it, leave" when we talk about wages outside of the service industry, but fall back on this "if you can't pay extra, stay home" when talking about tipping? again, minimum tips good, minimum wage bad. just so long as we don't hold employers accountable we're all good

no race is immune from being cheap and unruly. nor is any race immune from itself stereotyping.

i am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean "individuals" rather than "entire races", though that's not how it was worded, and say:

thanks pstall for coming in here and clearing up something that was literally never ever questioned

cantrell talks a big game about living wages but totally whiffs when he gets his chance to tip generously to those poor serfs that are serving him who are so oppressed they don't realize the plight they are in.

first, i specifically stated that i tip 15-20% earlier in this thread, despite reservations that doing so only perpetuates a system in which customers are expected to provide a living wage, rather than employers.

second, this is the same fuging stupid argument as "WELL IF YOU WANT MORE TAXES WHY DON'T YOU CUT A CHECK HUH LIBS" that does not even begin to address the inequities involved in such a fuged up system

you must be a glutton for punishment because you keep begging for me to expose and eviscerate your posts point by point in thread after thread

#209 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

hey so we're 14 pages in and i don't believe i've seen the word "entitled" even once

why is it that when an employee who doesn't make tips complains about his or her minimum wage job, he or she feels entitled and should just quit and find a better job because that's the magic of the free market, but when an employee who makes tips complains when they don't make over minimum wage it's because of those goddamned customers (specifically, "canadians") and not really an entitlement issue at all

#210 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,253 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

i am not a republican you frog.

do the employers not pay unemployment taxes then unemployment if someone is fired?

if it disgusts you so how servers are treated you can do a couple of things. start your own company and hire them and pay them whatever your little squeaky little heart wants to pay them.

or run for office and use your adept debating skills you have honed here and make a difference.

and my takeaways were aimed at most if not all of us but your razor thin conscience took it as it was all about you.

im pretty sure if someone isn't making money with tips, they would soon move on to something more stable.

millions and millons and MILLIONS of people have worked in this industry and transistioned just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.