251 replies to this topic

#16 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,056 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

what the fug do you call that? what do you call the mindset of the people in the survey?

ah fug it don't bother.

if i'm not mistaken this is the same guy that blamed the newtown shooting on omniscient/omnipresent god rendered helpless by being banned from schools and on working mothers, so there's very few responses he'd make that'd surprise me to be honest

#17 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Haha if you, as a waiter, treat people you've never met before differently because of their race, then you're an idiot who is willingly losing money.

Also prejudiced, but mainly stupid

#18 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

(and resurrected)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

if i'm not mistaken this is the same guy that blamed the newtown shooting on omniscient/omnipresent god rendered helpless by being banned from schools and on working mothers, so there's very few responses he'd make that'd surprise me to be honest

I know. Occasionally he posts in this type of thread. Truly mind-numbing.

#19 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

yes, discrimination based on one's skin color is indeed the definition of racism

So its black people racist against black people?

#20 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

So this makes it A-OKAY right man?!?!?

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,725 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

When I worked in a restaurant back when I was a teenager, black people from the local churches would fill the place up starting about 1pm on Sunday. It was a cafeteria, so tips were not a concern. But I did notice we used about twice as much grape and orange soda as we did on other days. So I came to the conclusion that black people like grape and orange soda more than white people do.

#22 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,766 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

I remember at a restaurant during furniture market, the waitresses would fight over the Japanese groups who came in. Evidently, they tipped very well. Better than the rest of us anyway

#23 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

but but but thats racist! stats just cannot count against a race or it is racism!

I believe a race should not be defined by stats, but you know the correlation is there. I know and anyone with sense knows that its not true for everyone of that race.
However for some reason its ok to take some off the wall christians nutz and let them define the rest of christianity, but you get anywhere near that with a race of people and its racism. It is all hate all the time. I am a christian and despite all the heat we get I'd help you if I could even if you've been spiteful to my beliefs just'cause that's what we do.

#24 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

Are these stats or anecdotes?

#25 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,056 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

uh... yes? why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

or are you trying desperately to point out that some black people are prejudiced too and therefore making excuses for, oh, i don't know, someone you know being vocally prejudiced against black people in restaurants?

#26 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

I've worked as a delivery driver before and I can tell you first hand that roughly 80-90% of black people will tip you nothing or $1 or less, no matter how large the order. I remember one day in particular where I had 4 deliveries in a row to black people, every single order was at least $30. It was an off time so they all received their food very quickly, around 30 minutes or less from the time they ordered. Total $140 for all 4 orders combined. I didn't make a single dollar as a tip.

You'd get orders of something like $39.87 and they answer the door with $40 in their hands already. Literally zero chance you get a tip, no matter how nice or friendly you are, or how fast you get there. I had to pay costs of gas and vehicle expenses also so I would lose money in these instances. And the rare chances you do get a tip from a black person it is almost always still very low when compared to non-blacks. To get 15-20% from a black person was very very very very VERY rare, like 1 in a 100. These were my experiences at least.

There were discussions back at the store from time to time and from what I heard this was pretty much universal. Our black drivers, same thing. The one pretty chick we had as a driver, same thing. An older gentlemen that was super overly friendly and nice almost annoyingly so, same thing. It didn't matter.

Of course there were exceptions, I still remember this one black family that was very friendly and nice and tipped very very well, but the overall trend was very consistent.

#27 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Also I want to add that the income level didn't make any difference for the most part in the overall trend. Although the majority of people in the bad low income areas would be black on the occasions they happened to be non-black they would still tip decently (usually not great like a better middle class area but normally 15% or there about). And then there'd be occasions where I delivered to very nice area but if the person was black still no tip or very low.

#28 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,313 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

I've worked as a delivery driver before and I can tell you first hand that roughly 80-90% of black people will tip you nothing or $1 or less, no matter how large the order. I remember one day in particular where I had 4 deliveries in a row to black people, every single order was at least $30. It was an off time so they all received their food very quickly, around 30 minutes or less from the time they ordered. Total $140 for all 4 orders combined. I didn't make a single dollar as a tip.

You'd get orders of something like $39.87 and they answer the door with $40 in their hands already. Literally zero chance you get a tip, no matter how nice or friendly you are, or how fast you get there. I had to pay costs of gas and vehicle expenses also so I would lose money in these instances. And the rare chances you do get a tip from a black person it is almost always still very low when compared to non-blacks. To get 15-20% from a black person was very very very very VERY rare, like 1 in a 100. These were my experiences at least.

There were discussions back at the store from time to time and from what I heard this was pretty much universal. Our black drivers, same thing. The one pretty chick we had as a driver, same thing. An older gentlemen that was super overly friendly and nice almost annoyingly so, same thing. It didn't matter.

Of course there were exceptions, I still remember this one black family that was very friendly and nice and tipped very very well, but the overall trend was very consistent.

I delivered dominoes for a while. If you got sent into a black neighborhood the dispatch would make sure to send you to the Peninsula club next run. You just expected no tip. Yes it could be socio-economic.

Also Jeff Gordon tipped me like $1.75 and was a jerk but Rusty Wallace was cool and gave me like $5.

#29 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

uh... yes? why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

or are you trying desperately to point out that some black people are prejudiced too and therefore making excuses for, oh, i don't know, someone you know being vocally prejudiced against black people in restaurants?

No just saying even black people know that black people don't tip well.

I don't think they should get treated any differently. In fact my wife told me she tries to be MORE helpful for them. SHE WANTS SOME MOOLA and wont' waste the opportunity even if she goes in knowing she's likely to not get nothing. Its all common sense. She's pretty pissed equally when she serves a large crowd or high bill table and gets squat for a tip no matter who does the cheap skating.

Is that to much for you to comprehend? .

#30 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,056 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

No just saying even black people know that black people don't tip well.

I don't think they should get treated any differently. In fact my wife told me she tries to be MORE helpful for them. SHE WANTS SOME MOOLA and wont' waste the opportunity even if she goes in knowing she's likely to not get nothing. Its all common sense. She's pretty pissed equally when she serves a large crowd or high bill table and gets squat for a tip no matter who does the cheap skating.

it's just interesting to me that the first thing you did was try to point out that some black people are prejudiced too, as though to justify white people being prejudiced. which sadly falls perfectly into lockstep with some of the other sentiments you've expressed in other threads.

it would do you well to study the correlation between race and socio-economic status. yes, black people tend to tip less, just like - shockingly - people at the bottom rung of the socio-economic scale tend to tip less. you do the math.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com