Photo
- - - - -

Luck, Griffin, Wilson, Kaepernick, Ponder, Dalton, Fox. All in playoffs.

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Manning, Flacco, Brady, Schaub, and Ryan also made it. Damn.

#32 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 872 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

We fire the only coach to take us to a Superbowl and expect good things to happen to us....

Now he's sitting in Denver with the best QB in history, with one of the best defensive and offensive coordinators in the league... Karma

Except that he wasn't fired. The contract ran out and we let him move on. Nothing wrong with that.

#33 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

The people saying we have all this talent sound like Saints fans....we are NOT that talented. We have Hurney to thank for that.

We have really good players at a few positions and crap at most of the others.

We have some excellent pieces to build around and the new GM just has to address our weaknesses instead of drafting more RBs and LBs.

Cam is also younger than all of those QBs and has a much higher ceiling as well. I think we'll get it with a solid GM pick up.

#34 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

The people saying we have all this talent sound like Saints fans....we are NOT that talented. We have Hurney to thank for that.

We have really good players at a few positions and crap at most of the others.

We have some excellent pieces to build around and the new GM just has to address our weaknesses instead of drafting more RBs and LBs.

Cam is also younger than all of those QBs and has a much higher ceiling as well. I think we'll get it with a solid GM pick up.

here are some players most bring up when bragging about our talent.

DeAngleo, Stewart, Tolbert, Beason, Kalil, Gamble, Gross....

They either didn't play this year, play positions that aren't highlighted, or spend considerable time on the bench, or are past their primes.

You want your talent to play practically every down.....and be a be featured in what we do. They aren't suppose to be depth.

#35 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,830 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Get Cam and the backs a better OL, shore up DL, CB and FS. Hope we keep guys healthy. Make good decisions.

Playoffs.

#36 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

here are some players most bring up when bragging about our talent.

DeAngleo, Stewart, Tolbert, Beason, Kalil, Gamble, Gross....

They either didn't play this year, play positions that aren't highlighted, or spend considerable time on the bench, or are past their primes.

You want your talent to play practically every down.....and be a be featured in what we do. They aren't suppose to be depth.

Agreed, you even left out Keek, which further adds to the same position talent that we have.

#37 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Get Cam and the backs a better OL, shore up DL, CB and FS. Hope we keep guys healthy. Make good decisions.

Playoffs.

what happens when an aging Smith gets hurt and plays 4-5 games in an upcoming season?

#38 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Turnover differential:

Carolina: +1

Washington: +17
Indianapolis: -12 (True playoff team right here)
Seattle: +13
San Francisco: +9
Cincinnati: +4
Denver: -1 (fumbles were a big problem for them)

For the rookies outside of Luck, look at these offensive rankings:

Seattle: rushing (3rd), Passing (27th)
Washington: 1st, 20th
San Francisco: 4th, 23rd

Obviously all those teams are helped out by their QB being so mobile. But do I need to point to the runningback's stats on all those teams? Gore - 12K, Morris - 16K, Lynch - 15k

Cam was the leading rusher with 40 less attempts...

Stopping the run is how you stuff these QBs. We did it marginally well against Morris and RG3 wasn't the same because play action wasn't as effective.

#39 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

what happens when an aging Smith gets hurt and plays 4-5 games in an upcoming season?

Steve Smith needs to be relegated to the slot honestly.

#40 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Agreed, you even left out Keek, which further adds to the same position talent that we have.

Here is our 2012 talent.

Cam, Smith, Luke, CJ, Hardy. That isn't a loaded roster with talent that somehow missed the playoffs. No one else stands out or is a key cog in what we did.

guys on IR or play small roles don't carry the weight some imply when the "talent" conversation come up. You need talent to be at the positons that actually matter and play every down.

#41 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,830 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Steve is the ultimate playmaker and leader obviously. But we can win games with Olsen and Lafell. Cam targets those guys a lot and he targets Murphy too much, IMO.

#42 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

I was watching NFLN and intalking about Rivera and his job safety. One of the points they were making against the team keeping Rivera, were the talents of Cam and Keuchlyand how unfair it was that there isn't better coaching and team around them. The guy mentioned Cam's accomplishments and said he had 2 year numbers "Romo would be envy." On top of that, they talked about Greg Olsen (?) and Smith and them being the best in their group. All I could find myself thinking is, this team in part is a damn good team, so what is the problem?

This team had the talent to a 10-7 or better team. I feel bad that they hit their stride to late because the season is now over. Who knows how far the winning streak could have gone for them. Remember the Skins are where they are because they went on a seven game winning run.

Whatever this team needs to do to fix itself so they can at least make it to the play-offs by next season, they need to do it. The wins have to come fast and frequently.

#43 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Here is our 2012 talent.

Cam, Smith, Luke, CJ, Hardy. That isn't a loaded roster with talent that somehow missed the playoffs. No one else stands out or is a key cog in what we did.

guys on IR or play small roles don't carry the weight some imply when the "talent" conversation come up. You need talent to be at the positons that actually matter and play every down.

Those guys have also been playing from day 1, who knows what we would have seen from DJ Campbell, Josh Thomas, and Dockery if they got the call earlier, but that also goes back to Rivera for not making changes sooner.

#44 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

I know one thing; that Colts team is really bad. They have a bad defense, bad offensive line, and Luck wins despite his turnovers. I don't really care anymore, the Panthers just piss me off so much doing the season it don't make since. We go 3-7 in till the month of December and some how we go 4-0 and all of sudden Rivera is safe. I don't understand that but whatever. Everybody already know that JR is cheap and going to bring back Rivera.

I'm not sure how you can say your owner is cheap. The Panthers are in Cap Space Hell next season. (Blame Hurney??) They are going to shed Salaries of veterans if they want to stay under the cap and even afford the draft pics.

The porblem with that is, the Panthers will have to shed some good players and replace them with rookies in order to keep under the cap. That won't help a 7-9 team. Also I'm not sure what person will want to step in as GM and have to do that. You are talking a rebuilding process that will take several years! (Or a BIG jump in the cap!)

#45 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,393 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Steve is the ultimate playmaker and leader obviously. But we can win games with Olsen and Lafell. Cam targets those guys a lot and he targets Murphy too much, IMO.

Cam doesn't target Murphy too much....his recieving targets aren't good enough. Past 2 seasons show that. He didn't target Legatron too much either.....Legatron just sucked. Cam can't just target Smith like Jake Delhomme did all those years and sprinkle some to LaFell.

Take a WR like Smith out. Coverages change. Routes harder for LaFell. Cam is a big play QB. The fact Steve Smith isn't Steve Smith actually IS going to be an issue. Steve can't take the top off a D anymore. They are asking scrubs to pretend to do it.

Smith should be our #2.....issue he is our #1. Smith realized it needed to change years ago. Yet people will respond that Smith can be our #1 for years and years to come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com