Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Problem With Our Fanbase

50 posts in this topic

Posted

How was the Joe Adams situation handled improperly?

Not so much about Joe Adams, but his situation is a microcosm of Rivera's problems in personnel management...

It's really about benching Joe Adams for muffs, but leaving a guy like Nakamura out there to get torched and allow our defense to be a living, breathing, sieve. Or keeping him on the bench in favor of Armanti and his breakaway speed featuring his legendary 6th gear.

There seems to be little to no reasoning as to why or when he makes the moves he does regarding personnel and Adams was among those that found themselves in Rivera's doghouse repeatedly while others continued starting/playing who shouldn't have been.

Posted

I completely agree almost across the board on your comments, PD.

"Or keeping him on the bench in favor of Armanti and his breakaway speed featuring his legendary 6th gear."

Edwards really showed that off yesterday by outrunning the New Orleans punter.... oh, that's right... he didn't.

Posted

There personel issues you are citing are nothing more than armchair fanboy whinings. How many big plays did nakamura give aside from the one nakamura fail? How can you say that Adams and Norman were mistreated? Gettis hasn't played in two years, how are you so sure he could recreate his average first season? You say this list goes on, but please do as currently I can't see any cut and dry certainties that he mismanaged.

Joe Adams was given a second chance and fumbled it away.

If you think that he mismanaged the players so much, why did they play so hard for him throughout the season?

In my opinion, riveras fault simply lies in closing out close games and not trying to be too smart with the offence.

Posted

our fan base needs some patience with Rivera.

give the man more than one training camp and a few drafts.

he has only been coaching this team for 16 months.

Posted

Stopped reading at David Gettis.

Posted

The problem with the Panthers fan base is that it's full of Panthers fans....

Longshanks.jpg

Posted

low standards.

low expectations.

going from 6-10 to 7-9 is solid progress.

meh....

2 people like this

Posted

I've always supported D-Will and I hope he is still here next year. I'll admit he's a little overpaid, but damn, good players should be paid well. Not any scrub running back can do what D-Will does. Not to mention he had his career game behind a garbage makeshift o-line.

Posted

The problem with the Panthers fan base is that it's full of Panthers fans....

Longshanks.jpg

Longshanks for OC!

Posted

There personel issues you are citing are nothing more than armchair fanboy whinings. How many big plays did nakamura give aside from the one nakamura fail? How can you say that Adams and Norman were mistreated? Gettis hasn't played in two years, how are you so sure he could recreate his average first season? You say this list goes on, but please do as currently I can't see any cut and dry certainties that he mismanaged.

Joe Adams was given a second chance and fumbled it away.

If you think that he mismanaged the players so much, why did they play so hard for him throughout the season?

In my opinion, riveras fault simply lies in closing out close games and not trying to be too smart with the offence.

Forgive me. You're right.

There was absolutely zero talent on this team and it was managed as perfect as humanly possible. We should be thankful for such a strong finish and 7 wins. Thank you JR, thank you Rivera! May we have some more sirs? /Pantherfan mentality

1 person likes this

Posted

I wanted Rivera fired so bad I even was okay if we lost yesterday to moleface and his crew. I know I'm sorry guys for saying that, but Rivera don't need to comeback.

Posted

The problem I have with this whole diatribe is that while I agree with some of it, I am not blaming Rivera for all of it. For example I totally agree on the offense using the read option too much and not using Williams correctly but I blame Chud not Rivera for that. after all Rivera is a defensive mind and has to rely on his OC for the offense. Adams showed why he didn't play much as he was too unreliable and unable to take a big hit without fumbling.

And the whole argument that Thomas should have started over Norman assumes that they both were ready to play at season's start. What if Norman was better as a starter early on but Thomas developed and improved to the point that by later in the season he was the better option. Then perhaps Rivera did exactly what he had to do. Put the best guy on the field on a weekly basis based on who was the best option at the time.

This bashing of Rivera is made worse by the fact that many of the arguments postulated may be looking at what happened in hindsight without any understanding about why certain guys played in some games and then were replaced by others. Not everyone who started at the end of the season were even on the team 3 months ago.