Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera Black Monday News

112 posts in this topic

Posted

That would be typical JR. Let all the best candidates get snatched up by other teams and let the new GM pick from whatever scrubs are left. Its not fair to Rivera either. If he's going to be fired, he and other teams needs to know so he can find a job.

1 person likes this

Posted

I got to be honest

Much as I have wanted Rivera out Im starting to get ambivalent about him staying

This. I really think he has earned another year. The team is playing for him, and finished the season better than they were when he got here.

It's a process, jack.

3 people like this

Posted

Jon Gruden is interviewing for coaching jobs. PLEASEEE

Not here.

West Coast Offense would be terrible for Newton, and Gruden sucks at developing QBs.

Posted

Yeah, if JR is waiting until after the New Year, I don't see anyway he fires him. Unless the "new" GM is adamant about it, he's not going anywhere. Even then, I don't see anything happening.

Posted

Jon Gruden is interviewing for coaching jobs. PLEASEEE

Wow.

This Gruden lovefest blows my mind.

Posted

That would be typical JR. Let all the best candidates get snatched up by other teams and let the new GM pick from whatever scrubs are left. Its not fair to Rivera either. If he's going to be fired, he and other teams needs to know so he can find a job.

That is very true, just typical of my Panthers though. Kinda depressing.

Posted

Not here.

West Coast Offense would be terrible for Newton, and Gruden sucks at developing QBs.

This^^^. He would convince himself that he has 3 top flight QB's and would find a way to get DA and Pickles on the field. Gruden is not the coach we want or need.

Posted

I would love to hire Romeo Crennel at DC, he is a class act and he knows his defense. But much like Rivera just isn't cut out to be a HC. I just can't stand sitting here waiting while everyone else is making moves.

Posted

not make a rash decision? heh... was it some kind of surprise we weren't going to make the playoffs? What kind of rash decision exactly could come from us winning 4 straight? Or maybe he considers keeping Ron to be rash?

meh.

1 person likes this

Posted

The Bears aren't even waiting to pick up a new HC. They just asked permission to interview McCoy.

The longer we wait to make any decision, the sooner Rivera will be retained. I only wanted Rivera or Kelly, but the latter is now looking like a pipe dream.

Posted

Wow.

This Gruden lovefest blows my mind.

x2

Posted

I've seen a change in the team. I think they've started to make a turn for the best and that's likely do to Rivera. I'd like to see him get another year. I'm still very torn on the matter though.

1 person likes this