Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruff

Rivera Black Monday News

111 posts in this topic

Lombardi also said he has heard that Rivera is gone...could have been info when emotions were hot 6 weeks ago. Always new info coming out with a warm frosted over Saints win..

I don't see how we can bring this guy back,he is too laid back for my liking.He facial expression stays the same through the whole game win or lose.As Stephen A would say he is not a leader of men,he at best should be a defensive coach nothing more than that.

*I would love to hire Lovie Smith,if he can go 10-6 with Jay Cutler as his qb imagine what he can do with Cam as his qb.

Joe Person@josephperson

Told Jerry Richardson didn't want to do anything rash. Wants to think it through. With New Year's, could be Wed till he sits down w/ Rivera.

Like I was saying...he had no new information

Well, his old information didn't exactly hold up.

Jon Gruden is interviewing for coaching jobs. PLEASEEE

That would be typical JR. Let all the best candidates get snatched up by other teams and let the new GM pick from whatever scrubs are left. Its not fair to Rivera either. If he's going to be fired, he and other teams needs to know so he can find a job.

1 person likes this

I got to be honest

Much as I have wanted Rivera out Im starting to get ambivalent about him staying

This. I really think he has earned another year. The team is playing for him, and finished the season better than they were when he got here.

It's a process, jack.

3 people like this

Jon Gruden is interviewing for coaching jobs. PLEASEEE

Not here.

West Coast Offense would be terrible for Newton, and Gruden sucks at developing QBs.

Yeah, if JR is waiting until after the New Year, I don't see anyway he fires him. Unless the "new" GM is adamant about it, he's not going anywhere. Even then, I don't see anything happening.