111 replies to this topic

#46 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 797 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

The Bears aren't even waiting to pick up a new HC. They just asked permission to interview McCoy.

The longer we wait to make any decision, the sooner Rivera will be retained. I only wanted Rivera or Kelly, but the latter is now looking like a pipe dream.

#47 dksmith17

dksmith17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Wow.

This Gruden lovefest blows my mind.

x2

#48 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

I've seen a change in the team. I think they've started to make a turn for the best and that's likely do to Rivera. I'd like to see him get another year. I'm still very torn on the matter though.

#49 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,661 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

not make a rash decision? heh... was it some kind of surprise we weren't going to make the playoffs? What kind of rash decision exactly could come from us winning 4 straight? Or maybe he considers keeping Ron to be rash?

meh.

Tells me he wanted to see how the season played out.

Yet another thing that makes me thing he won't pull the trigger but will instead leave it to the GM.

#50 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Keep Rivera, hire Lovie and Norv.

#51 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,382 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

I have no problem with taking our time and evalutaion the situation fully.

#52 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,251 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

I hope JR is conducting GM interviews. If he is off doing something else while every other team is scrambling to get the talent they want it would be disappointing and reminiscent of when we hired Rivera

#53 DFive

DFive

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

JR should keep Rivera for one more year. But make it known that its his LAST year if playoffs are not reached and let it be known he's on the hot seat all year and could be terminated at ANY time. The guy had the team trending up once he realized he was about to be canned. So if these expectations are continued, I think Rivera could make a good push with this team next season. But Chud should be canned. That's one thing JR should make clear. No Chud. Bring in Norv.

#54 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

This. I really think he has earned another year. The team is playing for him, and finished the season better than they were when he got here.

I agree. I was in favor of him going for a while, but the team has gone from a lame-duck 2-14 before he arrived to an improved 6-10 without an offseason to an admittedly poor beginning to the second campaign. But the team has really gelled down the stretch imo. They are playing as if they know what is expected and they have a cohesiveness and fire that has piqued my attention. We're playing very well defensively with some significant holes. I want to see what Rivera and co. will do in year 3. I'm starting to believe he may be better than what I iniitally felt. The players really seem to want to succeed for Rivera.

Chud can stay or go, but I would really welcome Norv Turner at the OC position.

#55 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,661 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Keep Rivera, hire Lovie and Norv.

Why would you replace McDermott?

#56 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Why would you replace McDermott?

I wouldn't. But to replace him with Lovie? Absolutely. Won't happen though, I'll bet he takes another HC job.

#57 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,661 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

I wouldn't. But to replace him with Lovie? Absolutely. Won't happen though, I'll bet he takes another HC job.

I like Lovie Smith, but I'd still keep McDermott.

Besides, I've always gotten the impression that the relationship between Smith and Ron Rivera is a tad...awkward.

#58 tgrfan01

tgrfan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

RR will not be fired.we will have another crap season next year.slow start strong finish for the third straight year.

#59 tgrfan01

tgrfan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

I agree. I was in favor of him going for a while, but the team has gone from a lame-duck 2-14 before he arrived to an improved 6-10 without an offseason to an admittedly poor beginning to the second campaign. But the team has really gelled down the stretch imo. They are playing as if they know what is expected and they have a cohesiveness and fire that has piqued my attention. We're playing very well defensively with some significant holes. I want to see what Rivera and co. will do in year 3. I'm starting to believe he may be better than what I iniitally felt. The players really seem to want to succeed for Rivera.

Chud can stay or go, but I would really welcome Norv Turner at the OC position.

remember we did the same thing last year.finished strong down the stretch which was why expectations were rather high this year based on how we finished last year.ron will not get it done.winning meaningless games at the end of the season every year does not impress me

#60 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

RR will not be fired.we will have another crap season next year.slow start strong finish for the third straight year.

Better not happen. IF he is retained and we get off to yet another slow start next season, he needs to be canned mid-season.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blackmonday, loviesmith, panthers, rivera, dabears

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com