Rivera haters if he's retained: "We're gonna suck next year."

#62 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Well, his old information didn't exactly hold up.

felt like he was throwing poop at the wall to see what would stick and what would fall to the ground

#63 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

If Rivera is brought back, I'd like to see Norv hired as OC. That way, if something were to happen and we had to fire Rivera during the season, we would at least have someone with NFL HC experience to fill in.

#64 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

remember we did the same thing last year.finished strong down the stretch which was why expectations were rather high this year based on how we finished last year.ron will not get it done.winning meaningless games at the end of the season every year does not impress me

I remember. We beat a Tampa team that had completely quit- 2 times, a horrible Indy squad and a Houston team with a rookie QB and finished getting blown out by the Saints. This year we beat Atlanta, destroyed San Diego on the road and finished by handling our business against the Saints. Our defense is really coming together too. The team this year down the stretch looks miles better to me than the team down the stretch last season. I will grant you that if we keep Rivera and he starts out poorly again next year or has a poor season overall, then it is time for him to go, but I want to see another season before starting over yet again.

#65 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

If Rivera is brought back, I'd like to see Norv hired as OC. That way, if something were to happen and we had to fire Rivera during the season, we would at least have someone with NFL HC experience to fill in.

if norv turner as oc increases the chances of carolina winning, then carolina winning decreases the chances of rivera being fired.

#66 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

I remember. We beat a Tampa team that had completely quit- 2 times, a horrible Indy squad and a Houston team with a rookie QB and finished getting blown out by the Saints. This year we beat Atlanta, destroyed San Diego on the road and finished by handling our business against the Saints. Our defense is really coming together too. The team this year down the stretch looks miles better to me than the team down the stretch last season. I will grant you that if we keep Rivera and he starts out poorly again next year or has a poor season overall, then it is time for him to go, but I want to see another season before starting over yet again.

This.

#67 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

if norv turner as oc increases the chances of carolina winning, then carolina winning decreases the chances of rivera being fired.

Sounds like a win win

#68 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,292 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Rivera to Chicago??? LMFAO

Rivera is staying no doubt so send me Lovie Smith as DC and Norv as OC.

#69 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,385 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

There's no reason to replace Sean McDermott.

And I'm guessing you don't know much about the history between Rivera and Lovie Smith.

#70 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Rivera to Chicago??? LMFAO

Rivera is staying no doubt so send me Lovie Smith as DC and Norv as OC.

You really think Rivera would sign off on Lovie as DC? :lol:

#71 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,292 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

You really think Rivera would sign off on Lovie as DC? :lol:

No I don't but you really think Rivera going to Chicago? Lol

#72 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

You have no clue on the history between Lovie and Rivera. Rivvera would get hired in Chicago.

#73 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

If they are going to have a "meeting" that makes me think he'll be back. I bet JR will just lay down the law, playoffs or bust. If we don't make the field of 12 next year he's done. I think if we were gonna fire him we wouldn't be talking about some "meeting."

#74 tgrfan01

tgrfan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

look at the records of the teams we beat down the stretch this year.heck we lost to the chiefs at home

#75 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,385 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

If they are going to have a "meeting" that makes me think he'll be back. I bet JR will just lay down the law, playoffs or bust. If we don't make the field of 12 next year he's done. I think if we were gonna fire him we wouldn't be talking about some "meeting."

It's a possibility.

But that said, Richardson is a "face to face" guy. He wouldn't fire Rivera by cell phone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blackmonday, loviesmith, panthers, rivera, dabears

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com