111 replies to this topic

#106 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

If JR was so sure that Rivera was gone why did he not do it today?

This.

#107 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

This.

As reported, Jerry Richardson has not met with Rivera. On top of that, I would think that he would want input from his GM, which is in progress as we speak. Give him time!

#108 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

As reported, Jerry Richardson has not met with Rivera. On top of that, I would think that he would want input from his GM, which is in progress as we speak. Give him time!

I'm one of few that think this is being handled correctly. Maybe JR wants Rivera to stay and wants to be sure the new GM is okay with it before making the announcement or maybe he just flat out wants the new GM to handle whatever happens. Whatever the reason is I think not rushing it is the right choice.

#109 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,622 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

We didn't hire Ernie Accorsi just to end up with Brandon Beane.

You would not think so..but coming from the consulting industry I have seen this kind of thing happen before with executives.It really depends on the scope of work that JR requested.Obviously if JR hired him to go find a GM, Beane will not be the guy but if he ask him to compare Beane to be considered in the process who knows.I think you premise makes sense to me.

#110 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,320 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

You would not think so..but coming from the consulting industry I have seen this kind of thing happen before with executives.It really depends on the scope of work that JR requested.Obviously if JR hired him to go find a GM, Beane will not be the guy but if he ask him to compare Beane to be considered in the process who knows.I think you premise makes sense to me.

To be brutally honest with you, if he has actually given Beane any serious consideration for the job, I would call him an absolute moron right to his face.

It's that dumb of an idea.

#111 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

To be brutally honest with you, if he has actually given Beane any serious consideration for the job, I would call him an absolute moron right to his face.

It's that dumb of an idea.

Why?

#112 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,320 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Why?

Read the GM candidate thread.

I'm not gonna bother rehashing it all here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blackmonday, loviesmith, panthers, rivera, dabears

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com