This thread is Kilgos.

#32 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,464 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

I don't think huddles gives a rat ass. We're bunch of rebbles over here anyways.

#33 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Charlotte is known for its high quality radio sports coverage.

#34 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Brain cells start to decrease at around 28 years of age... so by the time you hit 60th, you get pretty dumb...

My brain is as sharp as it ever wa...wait, who are you again? :unsure:

#35 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

I don't think huddles gives a rat ass. We're bunch of rebbles over here anyways.

Pretty much sums up this thread. Opinions are opinions: FACT. Then again I am part of the huddle community....

#36 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,318 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

That duck has less swag than a tater-tot, ya feel me?

#37 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,174 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

I'm 37 and still think poop and fart jokes are funny, so....

#38 Panthers Nation

Panthers Nation

Swaggin on ducks on a daily basis.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

That duck has less swag than a tater-tot, ya feel me?

Real talk.

#39 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,559 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

He's an old fuddy duddy. The panthers could be playing in the super bowl tomorrow and he'd rather talk about southern conference women's volleyball.

As long as he realizes that local sports talk radio is a step below the huddle content-wise, I'm more than happy being called an idiot.

#40 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,536 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

I really didn't know who he was, but it's true that many media personalities look at message boards as an online group of mouth-breathers who don't know sports as much as they do.

I doubt people like Kilgo look at them before they make judgments like that, but it's true that many message boards are like that.

However, I like to think the Huddle is full of sandbaggers who are more intelligent than they come across, they're just too tired and lazy from working to want to always be posting at a high level. I know I'm at least like that.

#41 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

He's an old fuddy duddy. The panthers could be playing in the super bowl tomorrow and he'd rather talk about southern conference women's volleyball.

As long as he realizes that local sports talk radio is a step below the huddle content-wise, I'm more than happy being called an idiot.

Those Furman Paladins and Western Carolina Catamounts have really been going at it on the court. I didn't know any other sport existed in North Carolina because I was so caught up in the quality action.

#42 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Kilgo is a giant, unapologetic UNC homer that can't tell a football from his ass. By far the worst personality that WFNZ puts on the air.

agree 100%. I can't turn the radio off fast enough when I hear his voice.

#43 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Who is John Kilgo?

I posted an answer in some detail on a thread elsewhere. First, Kilgo is a, if not the, living patriarch of Charlotte media who is still actively working. Secondly, he probably knows more about sports, and more sports people, than any dozen Huddlers put together, with a possible anonymous exception or two. Finally, if he did say that, he isn't far from being right, even if not 100% correct.

He's earned the right to voice an educated, if somewhat curmudgeony, opinion.

PS - No, I am not Kilgo, but I did work with him in his prime years, as did quite a few long time Charlotte media types, more than a few of whom got their start thanks to John.

PPS - He does talk basketball primarily because that's his thing. For example, he wrote Dean Smith's biography. He called the UNCC games back in the late 70's when they went to the NIT and Final Four.

#44 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

This thread is Kilgos.

I hope this sticks.

#45 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

I posted an answer in some detail on a thread elsewhere. First, Kilgo is a, if not the, living patriarch of Charlotte media who is still actively working. Secondly, he knows more about sports, and more sports people, than any dozen Huddlers put together, with a possible anonymous exception or two. Finally, if he did say that, he isn't far from being right, even if not 100% correct.

PS - No, I am not Kilgo, but I did work with him in his prime years, as did quite a few long time Charlotte media types, more than a few of whom got their start thanks to John.

Agree.

And Jimmy's dance show was a hit too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.