Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

NFL Coaching / GM News

1,026 posts in this topic

Multiple sources now reporting Cards "very close" to a deal with Andy Reid.

He'd be reunited with Kevin Kolb if that's the case.

Wouldn't be a huge surprise if Michael Vick came available too :lol:

Multiple sources now reporting Cards "very close" to a deal with Andy Reid.

He'd be reunited with Kevin Kolb if that's the case.

Wouldn't be a huge surprise if Michael Vick came available too :lol:

I knew it wouldn't be that hard for him to get a job. I'm really surprise Andy Reid passed on San Diego. At least he would have had a QB in Phillip Rivers.

I really have a feeling we are going to get Chip. I don't know why but I think Jerry is going to do something out of the franchise's norm.

Hiring Ernie Accorsi was definitely not a "typical Panthers move".

That's one of the reasons why I'm encouraged that change may be on the horizon.

I agree and I was impressed by the move also. Hiring Accorsi is not a typical Panther move.

However, Mr. Richardson keeping someone that will do what he says to is.

A few weeks ago you were politely shooting down everything I said about Beane. I recall you saying that "Beane will not be the GM" and you were certain that "Beane wouldn't even get an interview."

Not so sure now! Beane won't get an interview because he already has the job.

Like I said I'm not splitting hairs here w/ you and I truly hope I'm wrong about this.

Chicago fired their HC a year after hiring a new GM. Just saying.

I knew it wouldn't be that hard for him to get a job. I'm really surprise Andy Reid passed on San Diego. At least he would have had a QB in Phillip Rivers.

He didn't. San Diego passed on him.

I agree and I was impressed by the move also. Hiring Accorsi is not a typical Panther move.

However, Mr. Richardson keeping someone that will do what he says to is.

A few weeks ago you were politely shooting down everything I said about Beane. I recall you saying that "Beane will not be the GM" and you were certain that "Beane wouldn't even get an interview."

Not so sure now! Beane won't get an interview because he already has the job.

Like I said I'm not splitting hairs here w/ you and I truly hope I'm wrong about this.

Actually, I'm still just as confident that it won't be Beane.

If that were the case, why would we even bother interviewing Ross and Gettleman?

My big question there: If DeCamillis gets the head coaching job, what does he do with Dave Toub?

The smart thing would be to retain him, but I'd much rather see him set free so that maybe we could get him.

There were rumblings that Rivera wanted to try and get Toub before but couldn't get permission from the Bears since it would have been a lateral move.

I'd expect he'd stay on with the Bears.

It's known that whoever gets the Jets job is stuck with both Rex Ryan (Woody Johnson loves his personality and seems to ignore his results) and Mark Sanchez (his contract makes it near impossible to trade or cut him).

That'd sure sour me on the idea.

1 person likes this

He didn't. San Diego passed on him.

Oh well I can't fault him. Andy is a good coach, he just ran out of time in Philly. He wont have as much pressure in Arizona. He will have plenty of time to get the team how he wants it. He will also have a strong defense.

It's known that whoever gets the Jets job is stuck with both Rex Ryan (Woody Johnson loves his personality and seems to ignore his results) and Mark Sanchez (his contract makes it near impossible to trade or cut him).

That'd sure sour me on the idea.

who do you want as HC/GM? I haven't seen you post anything endorsing a certain candidate.