Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFL Coaching / GM News

1,026 posts in this topic

Posted

:lol:

Still wonder whether Todd Haley ever talked to the Cardinals.

Posted

Brian Billick back in the game, he had an interview in Philly.

And now that we're down to CCGs, guys like Dennison, McCoy, Clements, and Bradley will be talking to more teams and more seriously.

A couple names mentioned in Raiders OC: Greg Olson and Marc Trestman

Posted

I can't imagine any interest in McCoy after that poo show.

Posted

He'll be a DE for them, the big question is who plays the Mike spot. He runs a Tampa 2 and you need a speedy and quick MLB that can play zone and cover to play it properly.

Beason for someone good on the Cowboys

Posted

I can't imagine any interest in McCoy after that poo show.

i can't imagine any serious interest from any except the most desperate (and maybe dumbest) of teams...and I'm talking dumb enough to trade a 2nd round pick and a probowl CB for a backup system QB (not your system, btw), and then sign him to a $63mil deal only to put him on the bench.

Posted

How crazy is it in Jets Land?

Peter King says the Jets offered Dave Caldwell a million dollar a year "housing allowance" as part of his salary and compensation package.

He turned that down to run the Jaguars.

Posted

How crazy is it in Jets Land?

Peter King says the Jets offered Dave Caldwell a million dollar a year "housing allowance" as part of his salary and compensation package.

He turned that down to run the Jaguars.

lol.

thats horrible.

Posted

Florio touched on an interesting question regarding Chudzinski.

If you were an up-and-coming GM or a veteran personnel guy looking to get back in the game, how would you feel about having to share final say with a first time head coach with no experience in personnel matters?

Posted

https://twitter.com/...871006766620674

The #Titans have relieved special teams coach Alan Lowry, author of the Music City Miracle, of his duties, sources say

Could he be in play for us?

DET's ST job just opened up since Crossman went to BUF. Lowry may just land there cause of Titan connection with Schwartz

Posted

How the hell is Crossman still employed? :blink:

Posted

Speaking of coordinators with flaws, a couple of head coaching candidates didn't exactly light up the big stage in yesterday's playoff games.

Mike McCoy's offense needed a couple of big returns from Trindon Holiday to keep pace with the Ravens. Seahawk DCGus Bradley's unit didn't look so hot either, especially giving up those big plays at the end that put Atlanta in a position to win.

Both are said to be interviewing today (McCoy in San Diego, Bradley - I think - in Philly)

Posted

There's always going to be a number of franchises that will reach on certain coaching candidates, no matter their recent work. They're desperate, and the number of qualified candidates out there right now compared to the number of openings is disproportionate. Some of these teams will try to ignore some of these coaches' recent failings and instead look at their overall body of work...saying "it's good enough".