#136 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hiring Ernie Accorsi was definitely not a "typical Panthers move".

That's one of the reasons why I'm encouraged that change may be on the horizon.

I agree and I was impressed by the move also. Hiring Accorsi is not a typical Panther move.

However, Mr. Richardson keeping someone that will do what he says to is.

A few weeks ago you were politely shooting down everything I said about Beane. I recall you saying that "Beane will not be the GM" and you were certain that "Beane wouldn't even get an interview."

Not so sure now! Beane won't get an interview because he already has the job.

Like I said I'm not splitting hairs here w/ you and I truly hope I'm wrong about this.

#137 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Chicago fired their HC a year after hiring a new GM. Just saying.

#138 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I knew it wouldn't be that hard for him to get a job. I'm really surprise Andy Reid passed on San Diego. At least he would have had a QB in Phillip Rivers.

He didn't. San Diego passed on him.

#139 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I agree and I was impressed by the move also. Hiring Accorsi is not a typical Panther move.

However, Mr. Richardson keeping someone that will do what he says to is.

A few weeks ago you were politely shooting down everything I said about Beane. I recall you saying that "Beane will not be the GM" and you were certain that "Beane wouldn't even get an interview."

Not so sure now! Beane won't get an interview because he already has the job.

Like I said I'm not splitting hairs here w/ you and I truly hope I'm wrong about this.

Actually, I'm still just as confident that it won't be Beane.

If that were the case, why would we even bother interviewing Ross and Gettleman?

#140 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

My big question there: If DeCamillis gets the head coaching job, what does he do with Dave Toub?

The smart thing would be to retain him, but I'd much rather see him set free so that maybe we could get him.

There were rumblings that Rivera wanted to try and get Toub before but couldn't get permission from the Bears since it would have been a lateral move.

I'd expect he'd stay on with the Bears.

#141 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,333 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Add former Browns GM Tom Heckert to the names being pursued for Jets GM job. Caldwell, Ross, Gamble also in mix

Expand

#142 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

It's known that whoever gets the Jets job is stuck with both Rex Ryan (Woody Johnson loves his personality and seems to ignore his results) and Mark Sanchez (his contract makes it near impossible to trade or cut him).

That'd sure sour me on the idea.

#143 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,333 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

He didn't. San Diego passed on him.

Oh well I can't fault him. Andy is a good coach, he just ran out of time in Philly. He wont have as much pressure in Arizona. He will have plenty of time to get the team how he wants it. He will also have a strong defense.

#144 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

It's known that whoever gets the Jets job is stuck with both Rex Ryan (Woody Johnson loves his personality and seems to ignore his results) and Mark Sanchez (his contract makes it near impossible to trade or cut him).

That'd sure sour me on the idea.

who do you want as HC/GM? I haven't seen you post anything endorsing a certain candidate.

#145 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

McCoy is going to be a busy fellow here this week, Interviews with Chicago, Buffalo and Arizona so far. All three have plans in place to interview him this Weekend in Denver.

The Bears and Cardinals already have made plans to send contingents to Denver to visit with McCoy on Saturday or Sunday, when Broncos players and coaches are off. The Bears' contingent is expected to include general manager Phil Emery and possibly chairman of the board George McCaskey and team president Ted Phillips.

The Cardinals will be represented by team president Mike Bidwell and perhaps others. Bidwell said Monday he also would interview Andy Reid and his own defensive coordinator, Ray Horton.

Read more:Mike McCoy has Bears, Cardinals wanting an interview about coach jobs - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz2GlL90kFa
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Don't know who from Buffalo is going to interview him, but I'd say his best chance at a job are with Arizona or Chicago.

#146 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

who do you want as HC/GM? I haven't seen you post anything endorsing a certain candidate.

First choice for GM would be Dave Gettleman. After that, Marc Ross.

Head coach? I have ideas, but I'm not thinking much about it until I know who the new GM is and whether or not they want to keep Ron Rivera.

#147 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I still think that Carolina is the sexiest option for a GM to sign with. I know a lot of people would say it's the Jets but that organization is nothing but a reality show that I would want nothing to do with. We have a franchise QB, plus a ton of other pieces that would look really good to me if I were a GM.

#148 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I still think that Carolina is the sexiest option for a GM to sign with. I know a lot of people would say it's the Jets but that organization is nothing but a reality show that I would want nothing to do with. We have a franchise QB, plus a ton of other pieces that would look really good to me if I were a GM.

An outside observer might suggest the Bears are better. They had the best record of any of the teams that fired their coach. And they do have a talented, if immature, QB. But they also have a lousy O-Line and a defense that's starting to look old in spots.

An argument could be made for the Chargers too.

All that said, I definitely wouldn't call us the ugliest girl at the dance.

#149 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,333 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

At this point, I'd be looking for Reid in AZ, Arians in SD, Whisenhunt in BUF. CLE and PHI going after Bill O'Brien

Expand

#150 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,333 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

And, as i first reported, Ray Horton met with the Bidwells today, so Cards have complied with the Rooney Rule. Sounds like Reid to AZ, ASAP

Expand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com