• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#481 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I kinda feel bad for Rivera. He is in a really shitty situation right now.

Jerry told him after Hurney was gone that the team better improve. The team went on the finish 6-4 after that talk. So, in way, it'd be a little messed up if JR let him go. However, if Rivera does stay he is going to have a very rough test. Why? Because the GM is going to come in a clear out all those stupid contracts Hurney fugged us with, leaving Rivera with less talent. This will inevitably lead to Rivera being let go and us finding a new coach next offseason.

I know what you're thinking, this sounds stupid. But just think about it. JR is clueless. Look at what happened last time we went through a transition. JR and Hurney laid low and didn't spend any money. They even cut some players to make more room. In other words, they started a rebuilding project. Well, this left Fox with a completely poop team and no chance of having a winning season. The following offseason, Fox was let go and Hurney went on a spending spree that has screwed this franchise over. A little over a year later, Hurney is fired but his mistakes will haunt the team for a couple more seasons.

Let's bring this all together.

Jerry does it all wrong. First, he puts coaches in crappy situations (first Fox and now, potentially, Rivera). Like I said above, if Rivera stays I expect next season to be a lot like Fox's final season. No hope. Second, when Fox was let go why didn't we just let Hurney go at the same time? Why didn't we start over completely? We fired Fox, who wasn't the problem, and kept Hurney, who obviously was the problem.

Jerry finally has a chance to start over with a clean slate. A new coaching staff and a new GM. But he won't. He will bring in a new GM will have no choice but to clean house (player-wise) and leave Rivera with very little to work with. Leading to another set back when we have to hire another coach next year.

Remember when Jerry said he had a plan 3 years ago? I think it's safe to say his plan sucked.

And please, put your home-team biases aside and accept the reality. We are screwed cap wise. The new GM is gonna have to make a lot of very unpopular moves.

#482 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Adding to my rant...

Hurney knew his days were numbered. So he went and gave out all those monster contracts in hopes of short term success. This was suppose to be the season (is his head). But it didn't happen and now we are royally screwed.

#483 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,025 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Jerry told him after Hurney was gone that the team better improve. The team went on the finish 6-4 after that talk. So, in way, it'd be a little messed up if JR let him go. However, if Rivera does stay he is going to have a very rough test. Why? Because the GM is going to come in a clear out all those stupid contracts Hurney fugged us with, leaving Rivera with less talent. This will inevitably lead to Rivera being let go and us finding a new coach next offseason.

I know what you're thinking, this sounds stupid. But just think about it. JR is clueless. Look at what happened last time we went through a transition. JR and Hurney laid low and didn't spend any money. They even cut some players to make more room. In other words, they started a rebuilding project. Well, this left Fox with a completely poop team and no chance of having a winning season. The following offseason, Fox was let go and Hurney went on a spending spree that has screwed this franchise over. A little over a year later, Hurney is fired but his mistakes will haunt the team for a couple more seasons.

Jerry does it all wrong. First, he puts coaches in crappy situations (first Fox and now, potentially, Rivera). Like I said above, if Rivera stays I expect next season to be a lot like Fox's final season. No hope. Second, when Fox was let go why didn't we just let Hurney go at the same time? Why didn't we start over completely? We fired Fox, who wasn't the problem, and kept Hurney, who obviously was the problem.

Jerry finally has a chance to start over with a clean slate. A new coaching staff and a new GM. But he won't. He will bring in a new GM will have no choice but to clean house (player-wise) and leave Rivera with very little to work with. Leading to another set back when we have to hire another coach next year.

Remember when Jerry said he had a plan 3 years ago? I think it's safe to say his plan sucked.

And please, put your home-team biases aside and accept the reality. We are screwed cap wise. The new GM is gonna have to make a lot of very unpopular moves.

At least somebody has clue. If JR goes in there tomorrow and tell Rivera the only way he gets to return for the next season is make the playoff we might as well let him go. That's too much of a standard to hold a coach by. Especially a coach who hasn't got too .500 since he been here. He will go into the season without any confidence and having a new GM standing right over him. It's best to have a clean slate this time. We should give the GM the guy he wants to help build around. If JR brings Rivera back it will be a mistake.

#484 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Not to nitpick, but fox wasnt fired

#485 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Not to nitpick, but fox wasnt fired

you can't just say "not to nitpick" and then just nitpick. your post completely misses the point of mine.

#486 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Sorry poor choice of words by me. I should have said "not that it changes your point" instead of not to nitpick. Its just a little pet peeve of mine. Ive read many an article by professionals that say he was fired

Now back to the regularly scheduled topic....

#487 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Slap me now - Acee is suggesting to watch out for Mora Jr. in the Charger HC search, the D staff would be retained (like) and Noel Mazzone (PR's OC at NCSU) would run the offense.

#488 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Slap me now - Acee is suggesting to watch out for Mora Jr. in the Charger HC search, the D staff would be retained (like) and Noel Mazzone (PR's OC at NCSU) would run the offense.

Don't like Mora for HC, don't like it at all.

#489 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Tyler has added to my list of people on this forum that have intelligence.

That makes three.

#490 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

GM - Gettleman
HC - Mccoy/Sullivan

I can't see this not happening.

#491 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,640 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

thanks.

i was needing someone to make me feel better about the panthers situation. something to compare it to...you know a "at least we're not the ___________ whose thinking about hiring ___________" type deal.

you get a cookie & a star!
Posted Image

#492 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,404 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

HC - Mccoy/Sullivan

I can't see this not happening.

*shudder*... Please. No.

#493 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

this is just a whole bunch of stating the obvious to me. Most people feel the need to write a book to state the obvious

#494 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

this is just a whole bunch of stating the obvious to me. Most people feel the need to write a book to state the obvious

Have you seen the threads around here lately? I'm just glad to read a literate post.

#495 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Chip Kelly is still available and interviewing with other teams. The Browns report was just as inaccurate and premature as the Reid to the Cardinals reports/rumors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com