#511 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

This doesn't look accurate tbh, but if it is it looks like Ross is the Rivera of GM candidates with a ton of interest but no job. Always the bridesmaid...

Noticed that too.

My conspiracy theory is that Ross ends up back in New York with a promotion to assistant GM. Kevin Abrams is forced out and joins Gettleman as a cap manager in Carolina.

I'm probably dreaming there, but that'd be a great combination.

If not Abrams, Mike Tannenbaum had a good rep as a cap manager before the Sanchez deal. He might be worth a look as a cap man only (no say in personnel at all).

#512 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

I'm also intrigued by a Gettleman/Beane combo. I think Beane has a little more experience than he's being given credit for. Enough so that he would be helpful as a righthand man to a veteran like Gettleman. Have we ever had an heir apparent like that?

yes. marty hurney.

#513 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Noticed that too.

My conspiracy theory is that Ross ends up back in New York with a promotion to assistant GM. Kevin Abrams is forced out and joins Gettleman as a cap manager in Carolina.

I'm probably dreaming there, but that'd be a great combination.

If not Abrams, Mike Tannenbaum had a good rep as a cap manager before the Sanchez deal. He might be worth a look as a cap man only (no say in personnel at all).

gettleman/abrams combo would be flat out awesome.

#514 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,516 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Caldwell is expected to get the Jaguars job, Gamble is expected to get the Jets GM spot. I'd expect that Gettleman gets the Panther's GM spot. KC's GM spot is either going to Dorsey or Heckart.

That leaves SD, Arizona and CLE.

Arizona is expected to promote Keim once all the GM mess is over. SD is said to prefer Telesco if they go outside the team. "Still expect Raye to get the GM spot"

So that leaves CLE and no one knows what they are doing till everything is squared away with Kelly.

Ross' best chance is here in Carolina and it seems he may be in last place if he wants his own coach.

#515 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

We all pretty much knew this

Bill Voth@billvoth

The #Panthers are interviewing Ron Rivera today for their head coaching position.

Expand

#516 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I could see Beane/Gettlman both being here together. "Cap" guy and a "scouting" guy. Might actually be better that way. Two heads are better than one.

#517 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Caldwell is expected to get the Jaguars job, Gamble is expected to get the Jets GM spot. I'd expect that Gettleman gets the Panther's GM spot. KC's GM spot is either going to Dorsey or Heckart.

That leaves SD, Arizona and CLE.

Arizona is expected to promote Keim once all the GM mess is over. SD is said to prefer Telesco if they go outside the team. "Still expect Raye to get the GM spot"

So that leaves CLE and no one knows what they are doing till everything is squared away with Kelly.

Ross' best chance is here in Carolina and it seems he may be in last place if he wants his own coach.

I still don't buy the thought that he'd insist on his own head coach.

Nobody outside of the one guy who was just a Giants blogger has said that.

#518 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

I could see Beane/Gettlman both being here together. "Cap" guy and a "scouting" guy. Might actually be better that way. Two heads qre better than one.

Beane is not a cap guy. Rob Rogers is the cap guy.

Beane monitored budgets, coordinated logistics and made travel arrangements. He's essentially a glorified administrative assistant.

#519 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Bill Voth@billvoth

The Panthers are interviewing Ron Rivera today for their head coaching position.

as it should be. the job shouldn't just go to a coach with no winning record because he's here. he should have to make his case why we shouldn't look elsewhere.

i just wish our new GM was part of the process.

#520 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Bill Voth@billvoth

The #Panthers are interviewing Ron Rivera today for their head coaching position.

Expand

Kind of strange they'd word it in this manner.

#521 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Beane monitored budgets, coordinated logistics and made travel arrangements. He's essentially a glorified administrative assistant.

yep.

#522 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,516 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

http://www.bigbluevi...new-york-giants\

Of the two potential general managers it appears Dave Gettleman makes the most sense. While he may not be the name that conjures the most excitement, he is the most logical. Jerry Richardson is a creature of habit, and his past history has been to look at pro scouting, and player personnel -- rather than an executive with a college scouting background.

#523 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

If that's the case, what does he actually provide to the situation!?

#524 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,516 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Kind of strange they'd word it in this manner.

If the reports of JR having a tough time making a decision on Rivera are true, then yes he's being interviewed for the Job today.

#525 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

http://www.bigbluevi...new-york-giants\

Of the two potential general managers it appears Dave Gettleman makes the most sense. While he may not be the name that conjures the most excitement, he is the most logical. Jerry Richardson is a creature of habit, and his past history has been to look at pro scouting, and player personnel -- rather than an executive with a college scouting background.

Or sportswriters :(

Polian had been a GM for a while when we got him. Hurney's main selling point was that he apprenticed with Bobby Beathard (hence the willingness to trade future first rounders)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com