1025 replies to this topic

#616 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,452 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Rapoport tweeted that as of 3 minutes ago, Kelly and the Eagles are still "having lunch".

(maybe they want to get him up to the same weight as Andy Reid before he takes the sideline)

#617 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Bills hired Doug Marrone.

#618 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,157 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

At least we aren't the Bills!

*sigh*

#619 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Sounds like Browns are moving on from Chip Kelly. Seems like it'll either be the Eagles or back to Oregon for Kelly.

#620 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Oregon booster Phil Knight is making a big push to keep Kelly there. Looking more like Kelly will stay at Oregon for another year.

Guessing he's not liking the oppurtunity giving out to him. My guess, he was hoping to get an interview and possibility to coach here in Carolina. Just my guess. If Rivera doesn't perform next season, Chip's name will again be a huge next year and especially a name to Carolina.

#621 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,793 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Rapoport tweeted that as of 3 minutes ago, Kelly and the Eagles are still "having lunch".

(maybe they want to get him up to the same weight as Andy Reid before he takes the sideline)

haha that made me laugh

I just can't see Chip on the Browns with Weeden and McCoy

#622 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I think it was Carolina or back to Oregon from the jump. Once we retained Ron I figured Chip would go back to Oregon... And would be shocked if he doesn't go back

#623 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,452 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Being reported that the Browns are "rebooting" their coaching search (per Chris Mortensen) with Chip Kelly not expected to be in the mix. Florio pointed out that this could just be posturing.

As to the Panthers, there's never been anything to actually indicate Kelly wanted to come here. People speculated that he'd be a good fit, but nothing's ever come out to indicate there was interest on his part.

The only thing known for certain is that he wants to coach in the NFL, not any particular team. His agent is leveraging teams against each other to get him the best offer, even if it's at Oregon.

#624 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,452 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Bears have added Rick Dennison to their "all offense" list of coaching interviews.

And here's one for our buddy Boltergeist. There are rumors that the Chargers might look into Mike Holmgren as a potential head coach.

#625 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I think it was Carolina or back to Oregon from the jump. Once we retained Ron I figured Chip would go back to Oregon... And would be shocked if he doesn't go back

Yup exactly what I was thinking.
You knoe Kelly would've love to have Cam.

If Rivera fail next season, I can almost gurantee Kelly would be a hot name to Carolina

#626 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Gamble is close to a deal with the Jets.
Jets gonna get a STEAL if they do land him.

#627 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,452 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Actually, turns out the issue with Kelly harkens back to a prior story.

Per Jason LaCanfora, one of the big sticking points in the negotiations with Kelly was...roster control.

The Browns were willing to give a certain amount (precisely how much isn't certain but Haslam sounded pretty giving). The Eagles may have been offering more money, but were said to be less likely to offer roster control because owner Jeffrey Lurie believes strongly in Howie Roseman (strong enough that he fired Andy Reid).

Turns out inital reports about what he wanted may have been right.

#628 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

UTKevinAcee: Chargers have two more GM interviews scheduled, but it seems those might not happen. All but certain it's Jimmy Raye or Tom Telesco.

#629 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

UTKevinAcee: Chargers have two more GM interviews scheduled, but it seems those might not happen. All but certain it's Jimmy Raye or Tom Telesco.

Jimmy Raye? Really? Fascinating.

#630 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Jimmy Raye? Really? Fascinating.

In-house candidate that they seem to really like. I'd assume if he isn't hired, he probably wouldn't stick around too much longer. I think I read that many league sources expect him to be a GM at some point, either in SD or elsewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com