Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

NFL Coaching / GM News

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#751 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,324 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

That is good for he Chargers IMO. Mora has been great at UCLA but he totally fugged up the Atlanta Falcons. He might be one of those guys who is better suited for college.

Replacing a thrice failed retread with a twice failed retread wasn't my most favorite idea

#752 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Fwiw Jason laCanfora had a interview on the radio and says that he talked to his would be coaching staff. His ideal job was to come to Carolina Panthers but he pretty much wanted a lot of control

who? i mean who was lacanfora talking about? himself?

#753 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

AdamSchefter
Chargers hiring Tim Telesco as GM.

That means all jobs where the GM can pick their coach have been filled. The "why would someone want to come here without control" excuse is now invalid.

#754 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

who? i mean who was lacanfora talking about? himself?

Gruden wanted to come to Carolina, but wanted full control and the ability to pick his own GM.

#755 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Browns OC Brad Childress is in KC today, where he could be hired as either OC or as an advisor to new Chiefs head coach Andy Reid.

#756 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Gruden wanted to come to Carolina, but wanted full control and the ability to pick his own GM.

How is that any different than a GM picking their own coach?

#757 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

My bad guys...i was rushing and didn't type the name

#758 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

NFL Network's La Canfora just reported that he spoke with representatives of John Gruden and his would-be coaching staff, and he was holding out for the Carolina Panthers job. Said he already developed a Chip Kelly type playbook for the Panthers offense. Wanted to choose his own GM.

Yet we keep Rivera.....what a joke.

Not who I want but it was still interesting

This > The Drive@thedrivenc
LaCanfora on John Gruden: "People told me that the one coaching job that would have really gotten him excited was Carolina."

wow wow wow.

with a kelly style playbook to boot.

i wonder if kelly had his eyes on here as well.

i wonder how attractive this team would be to other potential HCs if we decided that losing wasn't good enough for rivera to keep his job.

rivera better get us in the playoffs and find a way to deliver more than one winning season in a row. if he can't, the FO is holding this team back.

#759 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

wow wow wow.

with a kelly style playbook to boot.

i wonder if kelly had his eyes on here as well.

i wonder how attractive this team would be to other potential HCs if we decided that losing wasn't good enough for rivera to keep his job.

rivera better get us in the playoffs and find a way to deliver more than one winning season in a row. if he can't, the FO is holding this team back.

Those guys will still be there after we fire Rivera after 8 games next season ;). Gruden may not get to choose his GM so maybe he would be off the table (although I doubt it), but Chip Kelly looks like he will still be an option.

Although, I would be lying if I said it isn't a little frustrating that we didn't take advantage of our job being so desirous right now.

#760 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,220 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

That means all jobs where the GM can pick their coach have been filled. The "why would someone want to come here without control" excuse is now invalid.

When was it valid?

#761 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Good point rayzor... he was crushing on Cam kinda hard. that Monday night football game was practically an interview

#762 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Those guys will still be there after we fire Rivera after 8 games next season ;). Gruden may not get to choose his GM so maybe he would be off the table (although I doubt it), but Chip Kelly looks like he will still be an option.

Although, I would be lying if I said it wasn't a little frustrating that we didn't take advantage of our job being so desirous right now.

rivera better do better than be average at best.

#763 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,220 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Regarding Gruden, I wasn't even interested in him as just a head coach. Sure as heck wouldn't be interested in him with total control of the team.

And Gruden thinks he'd deserve total control after taking the Bucs (with Dungy's players and Monte Kiffin as DC) from the Super Bowl through mediocrity to the point where his players told the team they refused to play if the team kept Gruden in charge. That's almost beyond a huge ego. That's almost a disconnect with reality.

Clearly, this is a guy who fervently believes his own hype.

#764 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

With how attractive Carolina's job was with no GM in place, Rivera needs to deliver consistent playoff's and a Super Bowl win in the next couple of years. Otherwise keeping Rivera was a mistake. This isn't about Gruden, Rivera or Kelly. Just the job being attractive to head coaches in general. Carolina would've been able to get what ever HC they wanted to have.

#765 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Regarding Gruden, I wasn't interested in him as a head coach. Sure as heck wouldn't be interested in him with total control.

And Gruden thinks he'd deserve total control after taking the Bucs (with Dungy's players and Monte Kiffin as DC) from the Super Bowl through mediocrity to the point where his players told the team they refused to play if the team kept Gruden in charge. That's almost beyond a huge ego. That's almost a disconnect with reality.

i don't care about gruden, but what is a big deal was him saying that the panthers was the only HC gig he was interested in. i just wonder how many other top coaching prospects out there would be wanting it as well and how many of them would be better at getting this team in the playoffs than what rivera has managed to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com