#1006 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,619 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Other interesting QB speculation: Would Jacksonville trade for Matt Flynn?

#1007 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,421 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Lombardi will soldify Cleveland's mediocrity for the next 5 years even if Chud brought in the '85 Bears defense and the '00 Rams offense.

#1008 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,619 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

More than a few guys who have failed their way out of NFL jobs have used the "media rehab" route to repair their reputations.

After a couple of years of listening to them as commentators people forget their prior poor performances and think "You know what? We need that guy running our team."

The next successful candidate from the program will probably be Jon Gruden. Heck, maybe down the road you'll hear someone say "you know that Matt Millen guy sounds pretty smart. Maybe he just needs another chance."

#1009 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

With Arians off to the desert, there might be a Luck-Pep Hamilton reunion in the works

#1010 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

With Arians off to the desert, there might be a Luck-Pep Hamilton reunion in the works

yep.

mortreport
Pep Hamilton, who is Stanford's "Andrew Luck Director of Offense," is a leading candidate to become Luck's new OC for Colts

of course it is mort...who has a tendency to be one of the biggest poo flingers in the business.

makes sense, tho. be wise to have someone with whom luck has had a lot of history with to be his OC.

#1011 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

yep.

of course it is mort...who has a tendency to be one of the biggest poo flingers in the business.

makes sense, tho. be wise to have someone with whom luck has had a lot of history with to be his OC.

Mort was the first to break Chud to the Browns and Kelly to the Eagles though, so he's been doing fairly well this offseason.

#1012 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I know it is/was arogant of me hopping that the COLTS could hang onto Arians.

I wish him well with the Cards. Maybe he can turn The Golden Calf of Bristol into a QB?

Hamilton would be a good choice for the COLTS OC. IMO

#1013 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,619 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel talking about how badly the Packers need a "lead back".

The "trade Williams/Stewart to Green Bay" train likely starts its engine again this offseason.

#1014 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel talking about how badly the Packers need a "lead back".

The "trade Williams/Stewart to Green Bay" train likely starts its engine again this offseason.

yeah, i saw that cedrick benson isn't coming back, or isn't likely to.

#1015 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 4,965 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

I think Lombardi would be a good Personnel guy. He was one of the few who hated Kevin Kolb and was not understanding the hype to get him. He also said Ray Edwards, formally of ATL and Minny, would be a huge bust. I trust his judgement when it comes to players.

Mallet is most likely an upgrade to what they have..but I hate seeing the Pats are going to get 2 1sts or something like that for Mallet.

#1016 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

@&$#% :angry:

Looks like Babich will have competition in the form of Seahawks DL coach Todd Wash and former Bears DC (and staffmate) Rod Marinelli for the Jags DC position. May still be an option for us.

#1017 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

I think Lombardi would be a good Personnel guy. He was one of the few who hated Kevin Kolb and was not understanding the hype to get him. He also said Ray Edwards, formally of ATL and Minny, would be a huge bust. I trust his judgement when it comes to players.

Mallet is most likely an upgrade to what they have..but I hate seeing the Pats are going to get 2 1sts or something like that for Mallet.

mallett deserves less hype than kolb deserved.

no way anyone but the dumbest of personnel people give up more than what the pats did in drafting him (3rd round).

he was never intended to be anything more than trade bait just waiting for some dumb sucker to come along.

mallett fell because they knew that he would probably be worse than jamarcus russell.

#1018 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

jets found their chump...

JasonLaCanfora
The Jets have hired John Idzik, formerly of the Seahawks, as their new GM. Done deal. Negotiations are complete.

#1019 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

hmmmm....

AdamSchefter
Browns officially hired former Cardinals DC Ray Horton as their DC.

#1020 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

i got to say that chud's staff looks a whole lot better than rivera's when he got the HC gig.

chud balanced his inexperience with experience.

rivera....not so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.