Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love for lovie? Chicago axed coach

37 posts in this topic

Posted

It's a ludicrous scenario, but if Rivera could swing Lovie as DC and Norv as OC it would be pretty fun.

Posted

Lovie went to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as his QB. He's a fine coach. Bears f'd up.

Defense got old, Uhrlacher cant stay on the field.

Mentioning Grossman is like mentioning that guy who took the 2000 Ravens to a Super Bowl victory.

I think he was gone in the off season.

Hope Peppers enjoys the rebuilding, guess playing with that great Chicago D didn't work out.

Posted

It's a ludicrous scenario, but if Rivera could swing Lovie as DC and Norv as OC it would be pretty fun.

that's a lot of head coaching experience for one staff to not be successful

Posted

Two Assistant Coaches Rivera was once a subordinate to?

No thanks, this is a guy who the only time he yelled on the field was at his own players for celebrating after kicking the Falcon's butts and telling them to get off their field.

350x.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Dude's name is Lovie and he coaches men to nearly kill each other for millions of dollars...that is some seriously baddass irony.

Just on that alone, the guy is an icon. I like him, but you are right that he would be just like RR. I don't see us getting rid of McDermott if Rivera stays. So...I don't think we are going to need or want Lovie Smith.

It would be intriguing to consider replacing McD with Lovie. I could imagine that working out very well for Keuchly, Johnson, and Hardy. I could see us with a top 5 defense within 2 years.

I like him, don't think its gonna work out either way.

Posted

What I don't understand is how that front office has gone this long without upgrading that awful OL. That's their biggest problem and now they fire the head coach?

Posted

I always thought Herm Edwards would be the best coach from the Dungy regime in Tampa Bay. Lovie has done OK and would not mind seeing him here. Reminds me a lot of John Fox. Provided a stud QB, which we have, he could go to the big game again... like Fox is doing...

Posted

No, way he comes he as DC, I'm pretty sure he and Rivera aren't big fans of each other. I don't want him as HC either, if we bring him in, we might as well keep Rivera

Posted

Where's dimbee?

Posted

Typical of the NFL.

I guess the big spending on Peppers, Cutler and others to take them to the top just did not work out.

I remember when Schotenheimer when 14-2 with San Diego but got beat in playoffs and got canned.

Posted

I always thought Herm Edwards would be the best coach from the Dungy regime in Tampa Bay. Lovie has done OK and would not mind seeing him here. Reminds me a lot of John Fox. Provided a stud QB, which we have, he could go to the big game again... like Fox is doing...

who was lovie's last choice for an OC?

fatal flaw right there.

Posted

More wild news from Chicago.

ESPN's Jeff Dickerson reporting Devin Hester has said he might retire.

You made millions of dollars from the Bears for so little production this year you may has well have been standing on the sideline.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you'll retire, Devin. :rolleyes: