Photo
- - - - -

Reasons Why Rivera Is Out (But Hasn't Been Let Go Yet)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Not that this is what I want but I feel that Rivera will stay. We'll see soon enough I guess...

#17 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

If Lovie Smith can lose his job, Rivera better too.

Yeah, nothing says stability like listening to crazy forum posters.

#18 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

We are not a professionally ran organization

It doesn't get more professional than Jerry Richardson.

#19 RevJ

RevJ

Huddle Chaplain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationTriad

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Not too complicated. JR is afraid someone will pick up Rivera to coach the second half (only) of their season and it will come back to haunt him.

#20 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

All the Rivera haters can take a chill pill because it's obvious he isn't going anywhere.. This team that is bogged down with injuries and in need of talent is going out and winning games for Ron.

My take is that JR will give him another year at least to trend upward as he puts it. To change the HC position at this stage of the game ,when the whole team has Rivera's back,would be a step backward and i feel JR is smart enough to realize that.

#21 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

If Lovie Smith can lose his job, Rivera better too.

1 post season appearance in a half decade....Rivera has had 2 yrs with the team who had the #1 overall pick. Not apples to apples really

#22 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 4,997 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

#1 overall pick as in : we were the worst team in the league two years ago.

For the Huddlers who cannot interpret words well.

#23 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'd like it if the conversation goes like this:

JR: "Either you fire Chud or I fire you AND Chud. The man is a stubborn idiot who is going to get MY star quarterback injured beyond repair within 3 years."

Rivera: *sits and stares with that empty lost puppy look in his eyes*

Posted Image

#24 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,117 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

RR changed his phone # and is not answering the door.

#25 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,989 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Posted Image

Actually maybe JR went into Rivera's office to can him but thought he was dead because Ron didn't move or even blink for 5 minutes before Richardson ran out of the office screaming.

#26 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

All the Rivera haters can take a chill pill because it's obvious he isn't going anywhere.. This team that is bogged down with injuries and in need of talent is going out and winning games for Ron.

My take is that JR will give him another year at least to trend upward as he puts it. To change the HC position at this stage of the game ,when the whole team has Rivera's back,would be a step backward and i feel JR is smart enough to realize that.

Another poster that understands. Thank you!

#27 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

RR is sitting in a corner crying

#28 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Another poster that understands. Thank you!

One thing I will say is in all this rash to fire Rivera already and what is JR waiting for etc, etc.... well as I listen to who all the other teams who fired coaches today are looking to interview its nothing but cooridinators and Kelly. So just maybe the Panthers and JR right now are in the "who out there is really an upgrade" and "do I want to fire RR right this second, without a GM on board, and end up with a cooridinator which means we are really starting over AGAIN with another unknown AND Rivera given one more year just might be a better option than that".

I am not saying that is the case, but unless we know what we are getting is an upgrade I am not sure firing Riveria just to go out and start interviewing might be the best idea. I really dont want or think a coordinator or college HC is the answer.

One last thing I will add.... if there was anyway Holgrem would come here to do HC only, I would be all over that :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.