23 replies to this topic

#16 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

i have no idea what the solution is... this is a very complicated issue. That said, there are a great many solutions that are much better than the status-quo and sitting on our hands when there are obvious flaws in the current ordinances is going to lead to two things: more deaths in the short run and more restrictive laws in the long run.

Death/life sentences without parole for any violent crime where a firearm is used.

Rob a convenience store with a gun? Away for life. No plea deals.

You cool with that?

#17 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

*tap glass*

#18 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Death/life sentences without parole for any violent crime where a firearm is used.

Rob a convenience store with a gun? Away for life. No plea deals.

You cool with that?

not really. i think mandatory sentencing is lazy, ineffective and frankly, a crock of shiat.

#19 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

When was the last time a foreign power invaded the United State? 1812!

(The Japanese attacked Hawaii, but Hawaii wasn't a US state then. Also 911 was an extremist group not a foreign power.) I can see where you MIGHT need something more powerful than a shotgun if you live in along on of the states that boarder Mexico. Whoever, However, it's the Police and National guard to protect it's citizens. If they aren't doing their job, then you vote in people who will.

Having owned a CAR-15 a Ruger Ranch Rifle, 30 Cal M1, SKS (7.62) and a Tec 9, (All with 30 round clips, except the M1.) I never had to fire any of them once for protection. My Ruger P-90 9 mil was all I ever needed, here in Charlotte.

In fact, in Texas, if you enter the state in a pick up truck and DON'T have a rifle or shortgun in your back window. Doesn't the State Patrol pull you over, give you a choice of shortgun or riffle and the mounts?

As someone who has owned quite a number of weapons. I really don't see the need to military weapons to be owned by the civilan popuation. And I don't have a problem with cradle to grave tracking of guns.

T he Media made such a big deal that 2 rocket tubes were turned in, in LA. First, they were EMPTY! 2nd it's not illegal to own empty ones! The last time I looked. LAWS rockets aren't really made to be reloaded. (The military does recommend that you step on the tube, distroying it, out in the field.)

FDR kind of missed the boat when he said that "the only thing we to fear. Is fear itself." He never had to put up with the media like we do today!

I remember talking with the guy who runs a Military Surplus store in Gastonia. This was right after 9-11. Prior to 9-11, he had bought 2 tractor trailers filled with NBC suits surplus from the military. His wife gave him grief saying that he will never sell them. 9-11 hit and the media started doing stories on how to safe guard your home in case of a NBC attack, (Remember. You were supposed to put heavy plastic around all windows and Duct tape in place. The duct tape over the doors. And finally stuff pillows up your fireplace flue and plastic and duct tape over your fireplace!) He was laughing because he sold every one of those suits for about 4 times what he paid for them.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

#20 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

not really. i think mandatory sentencing is lazy, ineffective and frankly, a crock of shiat.

Mandatory sentencing works great if actually made mandatory.

China doesn't have a huge major drug problem. There's a reason.

#21 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

There's a reason.

Totalitarian government and at will invasion of privacy?

Oh and murdering people so you don't have to feed and entertain them.

#22 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

My buddy and I were discussing high capacity mags earlier this morning.

What is the difference between having a 30 round magazine in your AR, or having 4 ten round mags for your AR already loaded and ready?

40>30 right?

Only difference is the 3 seconds between removing/inserting the next magazine, and loading the next round in the chamber.

So should we ban having multiple legal magazines as well? :)

#23 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

The Sandy Hook killer taped two 30s to each other. Would it have mattered for someone that plans something like that? No...not really but seeing someone fumbling with multiple 10s would sure look less scary. amirite?

I seriously doubt those 6-8 year olds were concerned about the length of the magazine of the rifle being leveled off at them.

#24 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,469 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

My buddy and I were discussing high capacity mags earlier this morning.

What is the difference between having a 30 round magazine in your AR, or having 4 ten round mags for your AR already loaded and ready?

40>30 right?

Only difference is the 3 seconds between removing/inserting the next magazine, and loading the next round in the chamber.

So should we ban having multiple legal magazines as well? :)

NO NO NO

It must be banned....must be...must

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.