171 replies to this topic

#76 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

I LOL at all of the posters acting like they know who the GM should be over folks that have actually been involved with pro sports franchises for many many years. I'll go on record as sayin that I don't care who the hire is. I believe that Acorsi is doing his job and JR will use the advise given to him and make a good solid choice. That includes Beane as well. No one here has any idea if the guy can do the job or not. All this BS about him learning from Hurney means nothing. I worked and learned my profession from people that lost their jobs due to lack of performance. When I was promoted years later I'm certain there were many that felt just as some on this board do about Beane. 20 years later I'm still in my position with the same company. I'm pretty certain JR is using the advise from his consultant and none of us know that Beane isn't being pushed by Acorsi. If you're gonna leave if Beane is named GM why not just leave now and find another team to pull for?

if they hire beane then you can have my seat. i'll go find a team that actually makes a concerted effort at competing. you can stay here and rationalize our organization making decisions like autistics for the next ten years if you want. i'd rather be cheering for a team in january then coming up with any excuse i can as to why the team isn't competing in january.

#77 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

I LOL at all of the posters acting like they know who the GM should be over folks that have actually been involved with pro sports franchises for many many years. I'll go on record as sayin that I don't care who the hire is. I believe that Acorsi is doing his job and JR will use the advise given to him and make a good solid choice. That includes Beane as well. No one here has any idea if the guy can do the job or not. All this BS about him learning from Hurney means nothing. I worked and learned my profession from people that lost their jobs due to lack of performance. When I was promoted years later I'm certain there were many that felt just as some on this board do about Beane. 20 years later I'm still in my position with the same company. I'm pretty certain JR is using the advise from his consultant and none of us know that Beane isn't being pushed by Acorsi. If you're gonna leave if Beane is named GM why not just leave now and find another team to pull for?

Because what you do is exactly like managing a multi million dollar business and Evaluating possible talent.

Loads different from some desk job.

#78 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

if they hire beane then you can have my seat. i'll go find a team that actually makes a concerted effort at competing. you can stay here and rationalize our organization making decisions like autistics for the next ten years if you want. i'd rather be cheering for a team in january then coming up with any excuse i can as to why the team isn't competing in january.

Why wait? Leave now.

#79 SuperBowlBound

SuperBowlBound

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

If you fire Hurney, then you must do the opposite. Promoting from within won't strike fear into anybody. The Panthers are too loyal of an organization at times, this is a time where you have to hire from the outside.

Everybody needs to be put on notice. No playoffs since 2008, things have to change.

#80 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 6,132 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

wow another fairweather fan spotted.

#81 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Because what you do is exactly like managing a multi million dollar business and Evaluating possible talent.

Actually it's not just a desk job bro. It's not like managing this franchise, but I do manage 75 employees for a company that nets 1,000,000 a year and I'm the only manager in the company that has survived the many changes that have happened over 20 years.

#82 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Why wait? Leave now.

This is about as awful a retort as it gets.

Because a franchise is as good as it is run. We've lacked success because our personnel management the last few years has been awful overall. This decision has huge implications. Not only are we hiring a new GM, that GM's going to remodel the personnel executive landscape of our team, or, in Beane's case, not change anything else. Are we going to hire someone who actually knows something about running a team or the guy who's been basically a placeholder since October and up until that point was responsible for booking hotel rooms?

#83 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

it's taken me years watching how bad this team has been managed to get me to this point.

#84 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Actually it's not just a desk job bro. It's not like managing this franchise.

Stopped listening after that. You post is irrelevant

#85 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

That's b.s

He's completely right. 5 straight seasons, no playoffs and that's b/c nothing has changed

#86 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,387 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Promoting a logistics guy who's never even been a low level scout to a position where he's in charge of your entire draft, and choosing that option over guys that have 15 to 20 years experience in personnel evaluation, would be such an unorgivably stupid thing to do that I frankly wouldn't blame anyone who bolted.

It would be an absolutely certain sign that the people in charge of this organization have no idea what they're doing.

#87 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

This is about as awful a retort as it gets.

Because a franchise is as good as it is run. We've lacked success because our personnel management the last few years has been awful overall. This decision has huge implications. Not only are we hiring a new GM, that GM's going to remodel the personnel executive landscape of our team, or, in Beane's case, not change anything else. Are we going to hire someone who actually knows something about running a team or the guy who's been basically a placeholder since October and up until that point was responsible for booking hotel rooms?

I'm not sure what you want me to say. It sounds like its time you find another team to pull for.

#88 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,787 posts

i mean seriously SBVG you act like we'd been worldbeaters up until this season

#89 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hey guys I'm going to irrationally continue to invest my time and emotions into something I don't like anymore, and for some reason that's a virtue. If you don't that's somehow a bad trait. Go Beane!

#90 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Stopped listening after that. You post is irrelevant

Honesty man you really should find another team to pull for. No one here would miss you and I'm sure whatever bandwagon team you decide on the fans will welcome you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.