Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leave it to JR to be the only one...

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

To not have the sac to make the decision and lets move the hell on. Rivera in Limbo? Look either he is the guy or he isn't you are the owner damn it.

Wow, just simply Wow.

Wow at you being so gobsmacked. Richardson moves at a glacial pace. I'm not surprised that the coaching situation has not been clarified but I am surprised that the GM has not been hired.

Posted · Report post

if JR was going to fire Rivera he would already be gone

Posted · Report post

People here just don't get it. RR wasn't so bad that you fire him just to do it. Have to make sure there are better options before you fire RR. As I've said all along, I only want RR fired if we have a better option.

Also, it would undermine our new GM if you fired RR w/o consulting our new GM. We will hire a new GM first, then address our coach. There are a lot of coaching positions open now and we don't want to make a rash decision that we later regret. RR is no Lombardi, but I can assure you we could do much worse.

Posted · Report post

Nothing like dragging our butts and potentially ending up with another lame duck coach in his final year.

Posted · Report post

No you really don't. It's a cop out and it's frustrating. Rivera should have been gone last night if he's gonna be gone, GM who hasn't been on the job should have no say in it.

Fail by the owner. Slow to react... And it always shows with us.

This guy ^^ Gets it.

Posted · Report post

So, No GM so far although we hired a guy a couple months ago to get the process started and a lame duck head coach. Meanwhile teams are calling and setting up HC interviews.

Looks like we will be stuck with Rivera and God knows who as GM.

Posted · Report post

I gotta be honest and say there is a small part of me that's worried this team will have a paralyzing fear of making a tough decision so that they just sit around while all the quality candidates are scooped up and say "oops! Might as well just leave things be! Rivera/Beane '13!"

Having a deep seeded fear of making big decisions and having the indecision and waiting to make a move kill us has been a part of this team far too long, and as its been said, if Beane is the GM here one second longer than he should be, I don't blame anybody who jumps ship.

Posted · Report post

Media said Rivera is in limbo. Not Jerry.

Jerry doesn't strike me as indecisive. Quite the contrary. He just makes bad decisions when it comes to winning football and fans. They're primarily politically/financially based.

Big difference. I'm just fairly certain his priorities are in this order: the league, profits, politics, Bojangles, image, charity and finally....winning.

Posted · Report post

To not have the sac to make the decision and lets move the hell on. Rivera in Limbo? Look either he is the guy or he isn't you are the owner damn it.

Wow, just simply Wow.

I feel sorry for wherever Highland is. They have one sorry ass firefighter on their squad.

Posted · Report post

It's been two days and people are freaking out already calm all of your asses down, haven't we already scheduled two GM interviews? Patience!

Posted · Report post

It's been two days and people are freaking out already calm all of your asses down, haven't we already scheduled two GM interviews? Patience!

Exactly.

there are 7 other teams with no GM....and how many have hired the replacement.

that's right....not a damn one of them.

Our fanbase is in full dumbass mode right now.

Posted · Report post

Our fanbase is in full dumbass mode right now.

Right now?

No.

This fan base has been stuck in ''Full dumbass mode'' since about the 3rd interception in that Cardinals playoff game.

1 person likes this