#16 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Need to hire the gm first fugtard.

No you really don't. It's a cop out and it's frustrating. Rivera should have been gone last night if he's gonna be gone, GM who hasn't been on the job should have no say in it.

Fail by the owner. Slow to react... And it always shows with us.

#17 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yeah a guy who made hundreds of millions as a businessman doesnt have the "sac" to make a decision about his own franchise. Get a life you piece of shyt.

#18 dougyork

dougyork

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

No talk about media favorite coach....Andy Reid. It's was Andy Reid, Andy Reid that for years on ESPN.

Put out a 24 hour/seven day a week buffet and big Andy will come arunnin'!!!!

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,191 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

He's going out west.

#20 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

The man wears white socks with a suit. White fugging socks. He doesn't care what you think.

Nominate this for post of the year...if there is no category for it, create the category...

#21 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

No you really don't. It's a cop out and it's frustrating. Rivera should have been gone last night if he's gonna be gone, GM who hasn't been on the job should have no say in it.

Ok so im going to be your boss, but i should have no say if i want you as an employee? Makes sense. Dont you think the new gm should be given the best chance to succeed? Maybe they think thats rivera. Wont know that until someone is hired. Not a cop out.

#22 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,904 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Nominate this for post of the year...if there is no category for it, create the category...

Find SCP's rant on swag.

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Perhaps it's because:
1) He wants to get the new GM's input on the hire
2) He almost certainly wants to be sure he can get someone better than Ron before he's fired
3) He may want to see if a deal is workable with one or more of his preferred candidates first

This is not unlike FA. Those who strike the fastest don't always come out on top long term.

hopefully accorsi and the new GM will be able to make the best call on a coaching hire, whether it's better to build on the momentum the team built with rivera or if that momentum is sustainable (which i have my doubts, but whatever) and they need to find another coach. they have to look at available options and see if they fit what the team has to work with. JR hired a consultant to help rebuild the organization or at least help find the right guy to help rebuild it. firing or hiring aren't decisions i want made by him or beane. we need to have someone smarter and more qualified in those areas to make that call.

#24 flipt143

flipt143

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Leave it to JR to be the only one...

To bring a NFL Team to Charlotte... Rat Bastard...What was he thinking...

#25 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

To not have the sac to make the decision and lets move the hell on. Rivera in Limbo? Look either he is the guy or he isn't you are the owner damn it.

Wow, just simply Wow.

Wow at you being so gobsmacked. Richardson moves at a glacial pace. I'm not surprised that the coaching situation has not been clarified but I am surprised that the GM has not been hired.

#26 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,343 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

if JR was going to fire Rivera he would already be gone

#27 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

People here just don't get it. RR wasn't so bad that you fire him just to do it. Have to make sure there are better options before you fire RR. As I've said all along, I only want RR fired if we have a better option.

Also, it would undermine our new GM if you fired RR w/o consulting our new GM. We will hire a new GM first, then address our coach. There are a lot of coaching positions open now and we don't want to make a rash decision that we later regret. RR is no Lombardi, but I can assure you we could do much worse.

#28 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,758 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Nothing like dragging our butts and potentially ending up with another lame duck coach in his final year.

#29 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

This guy ^^ Gets it.

#30 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

So, No GM so far although we hired a guy a couple months ago to get the process started and a lame duck head coach. Meanwhile teams are calling and setting up HC interviews.

Looks like we will be stuck with Rivera and God knows who as GM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com