Pre-Season #1. Went 7-6.

#2 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yep, injuries hurt this team to, but his play calling was abysmal....

#3 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

He gonna get fired?

#4 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

He gonna get fired?

Not a chance with his recruiting class....

#5 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

He will not lose his job this year, but he is losing favor at USC.
The behavior of his team this week (including his disrespect for the bowl) is also wearing thin on people.

#6 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,934 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Kiffin won't go anywhere because the school still has sanctions to deal with and there's no sense bringing in a new coach until all of those are past. Besides, AD Pat Hayden and Kiffin are pretty close.

And let's not forget Kiffin has only been there for a couple years now- he walked into a bad situation.

Now, if you want to talk about consistently underachieving, look no further than Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech. Enjoys the status of a preseason ranking nearly every year- preseason #5 this year- until they play a ranked team.

Under Frank Beamer: 1-20 against Top 5 teams and 7-31 against Top 10 teams since 1987.

Yet he's the teflon coach and it's complete blasphemy to even speak of replacing him in my part of the country.

#7 Fenrir

Fenrir

Panther/Vol Fanatic!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

The correct answer is Derek Dooley...

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,314 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

LSU's coach gets the award for worst single game. Les Miles allowed Clemson to dictate the second half, then made the asinine decision to throw it three times on their last possession, therebye allowing Clemson to keep all its timeouts and have a much more relaxed last drive.

That being said, Clemson made some extremely clutch plays, especially on the 4th down. They definitely deserved the win, and glad to see the ACC have a little something to bragg about for a change.

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,585 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

LSU's coach gets the award for worst single game. Les Miles allowed Clemson to dictate the second half, then made the asinine decision to throw it three times on their last possession, therebye allowing Clemson to keep all its timeouts and have a much more relaxed last drive.

That being said, Clemson made some extremely clutch plays, especially on the 4th down. They definitely deserved the win, and glad to see the ACC have a little something to bragg about for a change.

Lol I was just about to post that.

But I also agree with another fellow poster on David Dooley just blowing. How do you not win with Tyler Bray?

#10 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Les Miles has shown us a number of boneheaded decisions over the years- clock management is very obviously not one of his strengths.

But he has grown into an even more arrogant, pompus a$$ than I could have imagined. I thought he'd reached that pinnacle already. LSU players could have been flagged half a dozen more times for late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct, personal fouls and the like; all the while Miles says nothing to them and almost acts as though he expects that type of behavior from his players.

#11 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,549 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Lol I was just about to post that.

But I also agree with another fellow poster on David Dooley just blowing. How do you not win with Tyler Bray?

Because Tyler Bray is awful.

#12 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Tyler Bray? Who? This guy...?

"Citing a source, CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman reports that Tennessee junior QB Tyler Bray will enter April's Draft.
It appears likely that Tennessee top-three offensive weapons will be available in April. Bray is a lot like Jay Cutler in that he continues to not care about improving his footwork or turnover proneness, but flashes legitimate arm talent. SI's Tony Pauline previously noted that "several red flags" will be raised during Bray's pre-draft process."

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,585 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Because Tyler Bray is awful.

False, he had an incredible freshmen year.

#14 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,549 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

False, he had an average freshmen year only against terrible opponents with 18 TDs and 10 INTs.

Fixed.

#15 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

False, he had an incredible freshmen year.

He just finihsed his junior year... so you're talking about what he did 3 years ago? That's the duration of an NFL rookie contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com