Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Norman Was Really Benched

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

That's crazy man. He didn't even get to finish out the season. Just seem like a complete waste to me

Both our corners that started the season didn't finish it out for 2 completely different reasons

Posted · Report post

Yet we still finished with a Top 10 D somehow. Next man up. Would have loved to see more Norman though.

Posted · Report post

Why do people keep saying we are a top 10 D? Yardage isn't really a great barometer for defense. We are middle of the pack.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Why do people keep saying we are a top 10 D? Yardage isn't really a great barometer for defense. We are middle of the pack.

I don't agree with the term either but it's all I keep hearing from coaches and articles.

Posted · Report post

I don't have a problem with players being benched.

I prefer our 11 best on the field.

Posted · Report post

Being ranked 6th in the league for 3rd down percentage is a pretty good way to measure defensive success.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

That's crazy man. He didn't even get to finish out the season. Just seem like a complete waste to me

Both our corners that started the season didn't finish it out for 2 completely different reasons

He wasn't playing well or progressing in the system. Time will tell if he can overcome the problems and contribute next year. I certainly hope so.

Posted · Report post

He's a young CB who refused to be physical and it cost us, very badly in the Chicago game.

He'll bounce back.

Posted · Report post

He wasn't playing well or progressing in the system. Time will tell if he can overcome the problems and contribute next year. I certainly hope so.

Disagree, he was soft in coverage but was a very good tackler and cover guy.

Posted · Report post

Being ranked 6th in the league for 3rd down percentage is a pretty good way to measure defensive success.

That's a great stat. It shows our improvement. Too bad we are bottom half in bringing up 3rd downs, so we could get opponents off the field more. Also giving up 5.3 yards per play, need to get that under 5.

Not trying to discredit our D. Its vastly improved from last year. Just not quite top 10 yet.

Posted · Report post

Is this a shock? He got more than enough snaps to show his olay corner back play is not working. Are we complaining now that Rivera made a move to improve the defense... i know its different posters but Damn.. Never seen the Huddle so schitzo.

Posted · Report post

That's a great stat. It shows our improvement. Too bad we are bottom half in bringing up 3rd downs, so we could get opponents off the field more. Also giving up 5.3 yards per play, need to get that under 4.

Not trying to discredit our D. Its vastly improved from last year. Just not quite top 10 yet.

Under 4yds/play is unheard of, the realistic amount is closer to 4.7-4.8.