• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

i would like to see norman play in a defense where he isn't asked to play 10 yards off. i think the last play he was in was that short TD to roddy which any corner would have allowed. unless you wanna tell me that norman lasted 12 games or w/e playing off when the coaches wanted him pressing.

the good thing is that we found out josh thomas and james dockery might be worth keeping around. those two, gamble, and norman could be a good quartet. maybe captain if we re-sign him or dee milliner in the first round.

#17 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

i would like to see norman play in a defense where he isn't asked to play 10 yards off. i think the last play he was in was that short TD to roddy which any corner would have allowed. unless you wanna tell me that norman lasted 12 games or w/e playing off when the coaches wanted him pressing.

the good thing is that we found out josh thomas and james dockery might be worth keeping around. those two, gamble, and norman could be a good quartet. maybe captain if we re-sign him or dee milliner in the first round.

Norman wasn't asked to play 10 yards off, he's just not a physical guy. He looks really intimidated by big WR's. He doesn't jam at the LOS, try to reroute or otherwise disrupt the CB before the ball is thrown.

#18 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

I think we have too many 3rd CBs. We need a true #2. Maybe that's Norman or maybe not. I just know we can't keep all of them. And usually the youngest prevail. I'm not optimistic of Munnerlyn's return. I have a feeling we're going to try to upgrade the #2 spot and have that person compete with Norman with Thomas and Dockery backing them up. Munnerlyn already expressed his displeasure of being a backup. Move on from him and give him a chance to start elsewhere if he can.

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

I think we start Thomas and Norman with Captain at NB in '13.

Gamble's age, frailty and contract will usher him out.

#20 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Well I didn't really expect a 5th round pick to go blow the league up in his first year anyway.

#21 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Norman wasn't asked to play 10 yards off, he's just not a physical guy. He looks really intimidated by big WR's. He doesn't jam at the LOS, try to reroute or otherwise disrupt the CB before the ball is thrown.

I don't think it's because he's not physical. He's plenty physical in run support. I think it's just fear of being beaten. After all, he's not real fast compared to even slow WR's.

#22 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I don't think it's because he's not physical. He's plenty physical in run support. I think it's just fear of being beaten. After all, he's not real fast compared to even slow WR's.

He isn't physical at the line, he gives a 7-10 yard cushion every play. I said earlier hes a very good tackler and is very good in coverage, but he plays too soft. The last drive against the Bears is a perfect example.

#23 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

He may be a safety before it is all over

#24 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

I don't know that he has the body to play safety.

He just needs some confidence.

#25 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,323 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

He may be a safety before it is all over

Unless he works out with Hardy during the off-season and "puts on" 20 pounds of lean muscle, Norman is no Safety.

TD could transition back to Safety before Norman could.

Davis as a Safety...................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

#26 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Unless he works out with Hardy during the off-season and "puts on" 20 pounds of lean muscle, Norman is no Safety.

TD could transition back to Safety before Norman could.

Davis as a Safety...................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I have thought of Davis back to safety too, but He probably does not want to drop the 30 lbs-. Norman would need to add some weight, but there are smallish safeties. Mike Minter was 5'10" 195. Not saying Norman is Mike Minter,

There are many Cbs who make the switch. I am basing the statement on 3 factors--

1. He seems to tackle well
2. He is best when facing the LOS
3. He is a ball hawk
4 (bonus) he runs about a 4.6 (supposedly) which means to me that he has adapted by reading and anticipating quickly. Slow for a CB, but for a S, he would not be. Not perfect and I do not see his frame holing up at S, but if he busts at CB, why not take a look?

#27 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,323 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

I have thought of Davis back to safety too, but He probably does not want to drop the 30 lbs-. Norman would need to add some weight, but there are smallish safeties. Mike Minter was 5'10" 195. Not saying Norman is Mike Minter,

There are many Cbs who make the switch. I am basing the statement on 3 factors--

1. He seems to tackle well
2. He is best when facing the LOS
3. He is a ball hawk
4 (bonus) he runs about a 4.6 (supposedly) which means to me that he has adapted by reading and anticipating quickly. Slow for a CB, but for a S, he would not be. Not perfect and I do not see his frame holing up at S, but if he busts at CB, why not take a look?

If he can get in touch with Hardy's "Medical team" and Keiser's "Chia farm" we are in business.

#28 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,033 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

He isn't physical at the line, he gives a 7-10 yard cushion every play. I said earlier hes a very good tackler and is very good in coverage, but he plays too soft. The last drive against the Bears is a perfect example.

Is it really completely up to Norman whether or not to give a cushion?

I always thought that was part of the play call.

#29 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,019 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Did you guys remember when Thomas Davis played Safety? He was terrible so they converted him to lber.

Also that whole knee thing might get in the way more so as a DB.

#30 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

I am not buying the cushion talk. The coaches should be instructing the DB's on every play whether to press, play off, how much cushion to allow ect.

If they see him not doing it they would take him out of the game fast in which case he would listen as to get back on the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com