Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Ball from yesterday

20 posts in this topic

Posted

1 play and he gets the game ball? Big play yes... but was it game ball worthy?

Posted

Armanti earned himself a roster spot with that return...on someone else's roster. He won't be jobless.

Posted

D-Lo 210 yards...if we didn't get the production out of him, the AE PR is for nothing.

Posted

The players don't take game balls anywhere near as seriously as you all do. Hell, sometimes assistant coaches get the game ball. Rivera was probably making more of a statement about how a crucial big play can be all the difference in a game, and AE's run certainly helped put the kibosh on the Saints.

Posted

They should have given the ball to Williams and a signed jersey from the punter to Edwards.

Probably the only tackle for the punter all season and it came in the last game...lol...

Posted

DLo, CJ, Tolbert, Murphy all contributed more.

I don't hate AE and I've been a supporter of his since the draft, but he didn't deserve the gameball. I really think that was RR citing his perseverance and hard work.

Posted

It was a pity gift

Posted

Why do people think that return was so special? There was a huge lane. He didn't have to make a single move. It was just catch the ball and off to the races. A race he lost to the punter.

I don't hate AE. I wish he would've worked out. He just didn't. He's almost certainly done in the NFL. I highly doubt he makes another NFL roster. In hindsight, he was done a disservice by being drafted so highly. His high draft position meant he stuck around far longer than he should have. He should've went straight to the CFL as a QB. I think he could've been a star up there. Now you have to wonder if he's been away from playing QB too long to make the transition back.