#16 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

The players don't take game balls anywhere near as seriously as you all do. Hell, sometimes assistant coaches get the game ball. Rivera was probably making more of a statement about how a crucial big play can be all the difference in a game, and AE's run certainly helped put the kibosh on the Saints.

#17 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,326 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

They should have given the ball to Williams and a signed jersey from the punter to Edwards.

Probably the only tackle for the punter all season and it came in the last game...lol...

#18 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,561 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

DLo, CJ, Tolbert, Murphy all contributed more.

I don't hate AE and I've been a supporter of his since the draft, but he didn't deserve the gameball. I really think that was RR citing his perseverance and hard work.

#19 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,622 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

It was a pity gift

#20 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Why do people think that return was so special? There was a huge lane. He didn't have to make a single move. It was just catch the ball and off to the races. A race he lost to the punter.

I don't hate AE. I wish he would've worked out. He just didn't. He's almost certainly done in the NFL. I highly doubt he makes another NFL roster. In hindsight, he was done a disservice by being drafted so highly. His high draft position meant he stuck around far longer than he should have. He should've went straight to the CFL as a QB. I think he could've been a star up there. Now you have to wonder if he's been away from playing QB too long to make the transition back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.