Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

History Re-Written

24 posts in this topic

Posted

so who's going to be the victim of genocide this time?

ooo let me guess: straight white christian males

1 person likes this

Posted

And this is why history is doomed to repeat itself. You truly have no clue of the context of events that led to that very situation time and again

orr maybe you don't! which could it be?!

Posted

And this is why history is doomed to repeat itself. You truly have no clue of the context of events that led to that very situation time and again

Ok. Learn me then. How bout you start by showing me the Wiemar level hyperinflation currently going on in our nation. I mean, that should be easy.

Posted

Ok. Learn me then. How bout you start by showing me the Wiemar level hyperinflation currently going on in our nation. I mean, that should be easy.

~2%! that's hyperinflation right?

Posted

the ying to hyperinflation is umm, depression. so with QE1/2 and 3 the bring money into the market smartly as opposed to flooding the market and possibly leading to hyperinflation.

i still say if we went mark to market across the board, then we would have riots in the streets. and we don't want that do we?

1 person likes this

Posted

http://historysquared.com/2012/01/03/causes-and-patterns-of-hyperinflation-in-the-20th-century/

Posted

Yeah so you kinda forgot to post an example.

Posted

Well, there are some similarities to the Weimar republic, specifically the large amount of debt to other nations and some extremism on the right and left (although its almost nothing compared to Germany in the 20's).

But I agree we aren't anywhere close to being a weimar republic. We didn't just lose a major war, our people aren't close to starving, we aren't having to payout major war reparations to other countries, and our economy (and our military) is still the most powerful on earth.

Posted

weimar republic comparisons are calculatedly lazy and take advantage of the fact that most people don't know enough about the weimar republic or modern geopolitics to distinguish reality from OMG HITLER

Posted

Yeah so you kinda forgot to post an example.

Yeah, so you kinda forgot to read

Posted

Thread title makes me wish Jangler still came around to tell us how we're re-writing history to deny that the nazis were liberals

Posted

Thread title makes me wish Jangler still came around to tell us how we're re-writing history to deny that the nazis were liberals

what ever happened to Jangler anyway? guy was posting a million messages a day then he just vanished.