• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 tukafan21

tukafan21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Is there any chance we go after him in FA?

He would be a great WR to get to take over that #1 spot for Cam for years to come, it would also allow Smitty to move inside with Lafell or Gettis in the other outside WR spot

#2 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,588 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

i'm sure we'll be able to afford him with all of the not money we have

#3 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

http://bleacherrepor...-impact-players Bowe might be a FA. Plus Bears Pro Bowl DT is getting a lot of head way as well. Would love see the new GM go after him if we can clear some cap some how. BTW when does the TV deals kick in for the teams salary cap to increase it. It is 2014 or what?

#4 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Yes we might not have the cap right now. But I'm sure the new GM will work his magic when he comes in day one. That is what he is been hired for. He will know to deal with the cap and be able to scout and fine big time talent for this team.

#5 tukafan21

tukafan21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

I'm sure there will be plenty of money to go after at least one top flight FA if we want to after we cut/trade/restructure Deangelo, Beason, Gamble, Gross, and whoever else we decide to make a change with

#6 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,488 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

This GM needs to be hired soon. He had a lot of work to do, since yesterday.

#7 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Seriously, how much money do you think we guys have... The only players we will be able to afford are special teams guys.

#HurneyMagic

#8 tukafan21

tukafan21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

Seriously, how much money do you think we guys have... The only players we will be able to afford are special teams guys.

#HurneyMagic

Signing one big name FA isn't at all out of the question, we'll free up space, they can have a small first year salary and give them a nice sized signing bonus that then is spread out over the length of the contract.

If we don't do something to drastically improve our WR corps going into next year I'm going to be really pissed, we can't wait for Smitty to be washed up to get that new #1 WR

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

Most of the damage will be done in the draft. Restructuring will only do so much for a team that will probably be around 6 million dollars over the cap.

#10 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Am I the only one that thinks Bowe wouldnt be a big upgrade over LaFell? KC has no one else to throw the ball to, of course his number are decent. He is a better jump ball wr, but thats about it. If steve goes we are left with two relatively slow possession receiver types. You need a combo, if you cant get a combo then you go speed. If we are being realistic Id rather have Mike Wallace.

#11 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Guy is a clown. Dedicated the chiefs game to jovan belcher. We don't need him here.

#12 SmittyistheGOAT

SmittyistheGOAT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Yeah, Beane will surely find a way to get it done.

#13 SmittyistheGOAT

SmittyistheGOAT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Guy is a clown. Dedicated the chiefs game to jovan belcher. We don't need him here.

That Steve Smith is a teammate beater. Interrupts practice with fights. We don't need him here.

#14 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,399 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Am I the only one that thinks Bowe wouldnt be a big upgrade over LaFell? KC has no one else to throw the ball to, of course his number are decent. He is a better jump ball wr, but thats about it. If steve goes we are left with two relatively slow possession receiver types. You need a combo, if you cant get a combo then you go speed. If we are being realistic Id rather have Mike Wallace.

I've seen quite a few Cheif fans who don't want Bowe back. I'll call it Peppers Syndrome.

If we were going to go after a WR Jennings would be near the top of my list. However, I'd rather draft an eventual replacement for Smith.

#15 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,399 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I don't really see how that is relevant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.