Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darknight

Rivera may be gone today

109 posts in this topic

6:38 PM, and Chico still standing. This guy is going to be the NFL's new Wayne Fontes (Rasputin) I just know it

Drafting Luke, maintaining high character and the state of the San Diego Chargers may have saved his and Chud's job this year. Not to mention it seems the players like him, but that's actually what worries me. Players' coaches rarely if ever win Championships.

If he gets fired I doubt it will be until a new GM shows up. The sad part is if he goes, Rivera's probably more valuable now than he was when he first came here. We allowed him to spend 2 seasons with this team learning how to manage a football game and learn the HC position and in all fairness to him, he's shown improvement. If he goes, I wouldn't want any of the guys that got fired anyway. I'd want a college coach.

Case in point - Romeo Crennel.

Gonna go ahead and say that Ron will be coaching in Charlotte next year.... the team either makes a serious playoff run or Ron is looking elsewhere in 2014

Ron is staying. I just need to know soon that we're going to have a GM not named Beane.

Well so much for this thread.

I think the op got his message a day late. Was posted on NFL website Mon.

I hate to say it but it seems like Rivera will be back next year. Another year of being mediocre.

lol ron gonna stay. panthers will never win the superbowl. too bad too sad.

Case in point - Romeo Crennel.

Rex Ryan too. The more time passed from the Mangini teams the worse they got.

The only one I know that won a Superbowl recently is Gruden, and not many people give him credit for that team. His teams also fell apart as time went by.

the best 7-9 team ever.

1 person likes this

I would have to think Norman was told to tighten up his coverage on Marshall against the Bears, he was just scared of getting beat over the top. He was later benched in favor of a more physical CB.

However, the coaches should have given him some help so he could press without worry.

I'm not sure I agree with this.

Rivera even said himself: "Our thought there, was to make them beat us systematically"

Remember that famous quote?