Photo
- - - - -

Rivera may be gone today

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
109 replies to this topic

#25 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Jerry Richard$on and Gettledouche apologist

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

i'm more torn than ever on the prospect of rivera being out

yeah i know the late season wins are meaningless and we couldn't get out of our way when we had games on ice and all that but this team is completely buying into ron and playing their asses off for him right now.

#26 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I would have to think Norman was told to tighten up his coverage on Marshall against the Bears, he was just scared of getting beat over the top. He was later benched in favor of a more physical CB.

However, the coaches should have given him some help so he could press without worry.

i just dont know about this.if that was the case, Rivera should have got out of that coverage or use a time out to make the adjustment. but neither was done, why would a coach allow a player to play out of position on a game winning drive?

#27 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

i just dont know about this.if that was the case, Rivera should have got out of that coverage or use a time out to make the adjustment. but neither was done, why would a coach allow a player to play out of position on a game winning drive?

It had worked all game long.

Go re-watch the game, I've done it 4 or 5 times now. I'm just telling you what I saw.

#28 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

It had worked all game long.

Go re-watch the game, I've done it 4 or 5 times now. I'm just telling you what I saw.

and again in that situation you expect a coach to tell a rookie to get rid of that cusion.they where playing for the field goal, and ran the same play 4-5 straight down the field. after the 2nd or 3rd time their should have been some sort of adjustment made.why put your CB in position to not be successful?

#29 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

i'm more torn than ever on the prospect of rivera being out

yeah i know the late season wins are meaningless and we couldn't get out of our way when we had games on ice and all that but this team is completely buying into ron and playing their asses off for him right now.

This is how I feel. A coaching change could be a huge set back for this team and player development. Then again it could be just what the doctor ordered.

JR has a tough call to make.

#30 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Get this guy out.

#31 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

We all knew that Rivera was hands on with the defense and that dumb base o-zone read poo at the beginning of the year was all on chud. If you fire anybody you fire him and bring in Norv.

Why is it that many on here want to give Ron a free pass for the offensive problems? Is he not responsible for the whole team?

We didn't hire him to be our DC, we hired him to be HC.

#32 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• PipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

My question is, I always hear people say "it will stunt Cam's growth if we bring in a new staff" how do we know that Cam wouldnt put up Peyton Manning numbers if we brought in a new staff?. Stop looking at the glass half empty

#33 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

My question is, I always hear people say "it will stunt Cam's growth if we bring in a new staff" how do we know that Cam wouldnt put up Peyton Manning numbers if we brought in a new staff?. Stop looking at the glass half empty

How do you know he would? We don't, that's part of the predicament that JR must rule on.

However, changing regimes is known to be quite difficult to pull off...especially in our situation where the players enjoy playing for the current one. And for the many teams that have changed coaches/FOs and were successful, there have been far more that have failed and caused teams to remain in the doldrums Teams like the Chiefs, Browns, Jags, Bills, etc change coaches all the time...destroying every shot at continuity for the sake of a new vision.

#34 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

I have NFL mobile on my phone and it just said that Rivera expected to be fired today.

I'm in the minority that wants him to stay.

I think he should stay too.

I saw the team turn the corner in the second Atlanta game this year.

If we dont win at least one playoff game next year, fire him.

#35 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

How do you know he would? We don't, that's part of the predicament that JR must rule on.

However, changing regimes is known to be quite difficult to pull off...especially in our situation where the players enjoy playing for the current one. And for the many teams that have changed coaches/FOs and were successful, there have been far more that have failed and caused teams to remain in the doldrums Teams like the Chiefs, Browns, Jags, Bills, etc change coaches all the time...destroying every shot at continuity for the sake of a new vision.

The Bills had Gailey for three years and that didn't workout well for them. The Bucs went 10-6 with Morris and then the next year things got bad and they fired him. Also with Greg Schiano in his first season he has the same record as the Panthers and he swept us twice.

#36 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Why is it that many on here want to give Ron a free pass for the offensive problems? Is he not responsible for the whole team?

We didn't hire him to be our DC, we hired him to be HC.

Other than maybe needed one more decent WR and patching up the O-line a little, I like our offense, and I think it has been working more often than not.

Most of the games we lose are because the defense couldnt keep the opposition from scoring late in the game.

I think that the defense is really starting to turn the corner.

I dont know, maybe I am blind...