Other than maybe needed one more decent WR and patching up the O-line a little, I like our offense, and I think it has been working more often than not.
Most of the games we lose are because the defense couldnt keep the opposition from scoring late in the game.
I think that the defense is really starting to turn the corner.
I dont know, maybe I am blind...
Here's what I'm talking about, and the below pertains to the first 7 games or so this year:
1) No commitment or patience for the run game.
2) We ran minimum protection schemes, with high use of the spread along with 1 TE.
3) We were in shotgun nearly 85% of the time. Under center plays were a rarity
4) We continued to rely on the read option when it was clear it wasn't working
5) Everyone was healthy; injuries cannot be used as an excuse
Then Hurney gets fired, Ron and Chud begin to actually self-evaluate out of fear, and we begin to make the changes that should have occured week 4 at the absolute latest. People are forgetting the early part of the season.