Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else getting the feeling Beane will be GM as more time passes?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Since it only seems like we are locked on to just two candidates in Ross or Gettleman, and if they both decline the job due to JR wanting to keep Rivera, I am just starting to get the feeling Beane will be promoted to full time GM while Rivera will be the one caling the shots in the draft and free agent signings. Im not sure why but im just getting this gut feeling we will hear tommorrow morning that Rivera will be retained and Beane will be the new GM.

Posted

I think it would be ill advised if JR did not weigh all options,

Posted

Since it only seems like we are locked on to just two candidates in Ross or Gettleman, and if they both decline the job due to JR wanting to keep Rivera, I am just starting to get the feeling Beane will be promoted to full time GM while Rivera will be the one caling the shots in the draft and free agent signings. Im not sure why but im just getting this gut feeling we will hear tommorrow morning that Rivera will be retained and Beane will be the new GM.

It's just gas. Go take a dump..

1 person likes this

Posted

We don't say Beane

Posted

Nope.

Posted

PT, I just know you were one of those kids that asked "Are we there yet?" every 5 minutes on car trips.

Posted

First of all...it's a holiday.

Second...we requested to talk to 2 potential guys at the earliest time possible.

Third...settle down boss.

Fourth...beane is not going to be the GM

Posted

NFL is off today spending time with Family Beane is not the guy.

Posted

Omg you're so right it's gonna be him....wait it's only January 1st............

Relax and have patience

Posted

I think they will bring in a GM that is a "football guy" and let Beane handle the cap. Beane is Hurney 2.0 and Hurneys strength was in the cap and weakness in recognizing talent. A guy like Ross is a "football guy" with zero cap experience.

I think this is a smart way to structure the front office bc it is tough to find a GM that is good at finding talent and managing cap.

Posted

More time? It's been two days. If we don't have a new GM two weeks from now I'll be worried but we didn't fire hurney midseason to get a head start on naming Brandon Beane the GM.

Posted

The regular season has been over, what? Two days?

:rolleyes: