36 replies to this topic

#16 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

also tbh you're more likely to run into a racist faculty member at the college (not naming any names bc he really, really likes to sue but i think he's appeared on fox news a few times) than a racist student (particularly because the student body is already like >90% white)

#17 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

also tbh you're more likely to run into a racist faculty member at the college (not naming any names bc he really, really likes to sue but i think he's appeared on fox news a few times) than a racist student (particularly because the student body is already like >90% white)

ok I gotta ask who this is

just out of curiousity ;)

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,724 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

mike adams?

#19 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,724 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

scramble the letters of your answer so you dont get sued

#20 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

how could someone sue you for that

#21 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

i'm not a lawyer idk fug around here it's like you've committed a capital offense when you call someone a racist

anyway philly your scrambled answer is as follows: oaacrtea

also it's in portuguese

#22 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

also it's in portuguese

Posted Image

#23 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,952 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

This is nice. Biscuit and Cantrell interacting with civility. A new year is upon us.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised, and I hope it continues.

lived here for like two years and I'm at school for a majority of the time. it's alright and people are nice in my experience.

When I attended UNCW in the early 90's, there were very, very few black students... which was odd for me coming from a high school with about 60% black students.

I hate that proudiddy had that experience here... idk if it was just that group of people or what. I used to work for a local rental company and we had a pretty good mix of races there, and worked with those construction types... I never really saw overt racism like that, but I also know it is out there.

Like Cantrell said, I have had random people make racist comments to me before... I guess they assume that since I'm white, I will agree.

#24 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,976 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised, and I hope it continues.

When I attended UNCW in the early 90's, there were very, very few black students... which was odd for me coming from a high school with about 60% black students.

I hate that proudiddy had that experience here... idk if it was just that group of people or what. I used to work for a local rental company and we had a pretty good mix of races there, and worked with those construction types... I never really saw overt racism like that, but I also know it is out there.

Like Cantrell said, I have had random people make racist comments to me before... I guess they assume that since I'm white, I will agree.

Yeah man, it really soured my perception of living there in Wilmington... But, at the same time, we had some friends that moved down there, they were an interracial couple, and they have made a life down there. To my knowledge, they didn't really have any problems, although he did tell me he experienced some, they obviously loved it down there because they stayed.

And aside from one incident at the boardwalk at Carolina Beach while visiting, I never really had any issues.

The couple we were friends with that moved down there tended to live closer to the college, which I think may have something to do with the experience as well. Usually because those areas are naturally going to be more progressive. It could've really just been that I ran into the worst Wilmington had to offer while working/living there.

Every time I visit, I love it all over again and it makes me want to live there. Those memories are just too many though.

#25 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,724 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

i'm not a lawyer idk fug around here it's like you've committed a capital offense when you call someone a racist

also it's in portuguese

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

also it's in portuguese

Professor Area Taco sounds like a real dick

#27 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,622 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Wow I had no idea Wilmington was so fked up.

#28 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

damn it I want this guys name so I can snicker at his fox news comments and im too stupid to figure it out ;)

#29 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Wow I had no idea Wilmington was so fked up.

It's not.

I wouldn't live anywhere else in the state.

#30 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

damn it I want this guys name so I can snicker at his fox news comments and im too stupid to figure it out ;)

it's already been said

shuttlesworth was trolling sorta
e: also I couldn't find fox news stuff but he has written some books being sold on amazon. about what you would expect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com