#16 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,517 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Pep -> Big name, big market, historically good franchise, plays in an elite defense.

CJ -> Rarely known outside Carolina, small/medium market, young franchise that hasn't won the SB, plays in a good defense but not "elite"

So not fair but that's the reality.

That would make sense if Pep wasn't a pro bowl staple as a Panther.

#17 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,662 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Great job CJ.

ps: After what happened to Cam at the Pro Bowl last year I could care less if Carolina ever has another Pro Bowler. Fug 'em, Cam and the Panthers will be too busy in the Post Season anyway.

#18 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'm gonna be pissed if Keuchly doesn't get DROY... I can tell you that right mothafuggin now!

Well might as well get your pistol loaded, cuz it aint happenin...

#19 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Well might as well get your pistol loaded, cuz it aint happenin...

It'd be a DAMNED shame... The kid lead the League in tackles (164) and wasnt even playing The Mike the whole year either. Patrick Willis' rookie record is 174... And he got DROY

He's a good kid and a hard worker... Not to mention the fact that he's going back to BC this Semester and into the Summer to get his degree! Great draft choice Hurney/Rivera!

#20 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'm gonna be pissed if people don't learn how to spell Kuechly.

What do you mean? The national media knows how to spell everyones name... Its spelled T-E-B-O-W.

#21 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Good post

#22 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

It's a shame Peppers didn't stay...because the combo of CJ and Peppers would have been unbelievable.

#23 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

bump cus i just saw this.. props to CJ

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,798 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

since taking over full time for Julius peppers

Charles Johnson
33 sacks
143 tackles
9 passes defended
9 forced fumbles
241 sack yards
46 qb hits
40 tackles for loss - NO PRO BOWL APPEARANCES

Julius Peppers
30.5 sacks
130 tackles
15 passes defended
7 forced fumbles
208 sack yards
48 qb hits
40 tackles for loss - 3 PRO BOWL APPEARANCES

what a shame!!

i still can't believe that there are people left who think the pro-bowl is anything more than a popularity contest.

#25 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

I'm so sick of the "pro bowl is a joke" comments. Yes, the game means nothing, but being selected does - or at least is supposed to. No doubt the voting system is awful, but I can't stand when people say "oh, it's a joke anyway so it doesn't matter" just because one of their players gets overlooked. I promise you if an undeserving Panther made it via name recognition over a clearly better player very few, if any, people here would complain.

#26 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

While I don't disagree with the essence of your post, when Tolbert was one of the leading candidates at FB there were probably more people here saying how it's just cuz of the stats he gets in our system and how as a FB he was probably undeserving.

#27 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

All if that small market talk is crap. Peppers had all types of Pro Bowls while in Carolina as well as Smitty, we just haven't made a run since Johnson has been starting. Had we won the NFC championshil last year, Johnson would had been selected twice.

#28 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

That's true. It has a lot more to do with what teams are winning now than anything. Most undeserving players get in via name recognition, but also based on their team, especially at positions like FB, K, P, and special teamer.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,798 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

I'm so sick of the "pro bowl is a joke" comments. Yes, the game means nothing, but being selected does - or at least is supposed to. No doubt the voting system is awful, but I can't stand when people say "oh, it's a joke anyway so it doesn't matter" just because one of their players gets overlooked. I promise you if an undeserving Panther made it via name recognition over a clearly better player very few, if any, people here would complain.

not me.

i don't want any panthers getting in the probowl. name recognition doesn't matter except in getting a bigger contract...which isn't a good thing if you are trying to keep a team together or build one.

the game is a sham and too easy to get hurt in because of some ass that decides he wants to take it seriously or make a name for himself or prove a point when there's 21 other players on the field not taking it seriously.

having players named as all-pro is legit. if they can make that list, they deserve the pay increase pro-bowl...not so much.

#30 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Rayzor, if you are going to post stats, please keep them updated in your Sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.