haha

#17 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

The cliff is an imaginary line that my 10 yr old understands. Congress is creating an administrative nightmare for payroll and allocation of funding etc.

So anything a Rep does its bad. Anything a dem does is good and any problem that the US is under is a minimized illusion?

So this cliff is a bunch of hooey then why is the media covering this and why is BOTH sides even back in dc to do anything?

If its not a dem/ rep thing, then why didn't we face a 'fiscal cliff' during the 7 times the debt ceiling was raised under Bush?

Its all just unnecessary political brinksmanship

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,910 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

you're right. i wonder why Bernake would choose now to say that phrase? i mean everything financially across the globe is exactly as it was 5-8 years ago right?

#19 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

you're right. i wonder why Bernake would choose now to say that phrase? i mean everything financially across the globe is exactly as it was 5-8 years ago right?

So youre saying deficit spending is good when the economy is strong and bad when the economy is weak?

I suppose I never looked at it that way

#20 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,301 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

16 Trillion added to the defecit the first four years.
Only the beginning.

#21 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

holy crap we're running a 16+ trillion dollar deficit?

#22 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

16 Trillion added to the defecit the first four years.
Only the beginning.

Not a problem, Reagan proved deficits dont matter.

And no I dont really care that you meant debt

#23 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,301 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

Not a problem, Reagan proved deficits dont matter.

And no I dont really care that you meant debt

Neither do I.

Posted Image

Of course when you're talking about Reagan you're talking about a percentage of less than a trillion starting point over 8 years versus a percentage of a 10 trillion starting point over 4 years with Obama.

#24 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

No one has the balls to say and do what really needs to be done in Washington DC.

We hired these men and women to do a job for us, and they refuse to look after the well being of this Republic.

Starting to sound a little scary, but most won't really care if they can still pump gas, and watch their flat screen TV's.

#25 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

No one has the balls to say and do what really needs to be done in Washington DC.

We hired these men and women to do a job for us, and they refuse to look after the well being of this Republic.

Starting to sound a little scary, but most won't really care if they can still pump gas, and watch their flat screen TV's.

that's what happens when they've gerrymandered themselves into untouchable positions...

#26 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

that's what happens when they've gerrymandered themselves into untouchable positions...

some dude on npr the other day said that part of the problem with these gerrymandered districts is that representatives (particularly republicans in this case) are now just worried about getting beyond the primaries, which leads to hyper-partisan voting behavior so that they do not eventually find themselves being defeated in the primaries from the right. it may be true that some representatives are "comfortable" but there are plenty who have to go loony tunes teatarded in order to satisfy their ultra-conservative constituents

#27 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

some dude on npr the other day said that part of the problem with these gerrymandered districts is that representatives (particularly republicans in this case) are now just worried about getting beyond the primaries, which leads to hyper-partisan voting behavior so that they do not eventually find themselves being defeated in the primaries from the right. it may be true that some representatives are "comfortable" but there are plenty who have to go loony tunes teatarded in order to satisfy their ultra-conservative constituents

that's the point. on both sides you have people that act like idiots to appeal to the constituency that they've created... as long as you act like a particular kind of idiot you get re-elected, even if you're literally burning washington to the ground. there's no sing vote, no moderates and consequently; no accountability.

these insane districts weren't created by accident.

#28 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,560 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

that's the point. on both sides you have people that act like idiots to appeal to the constituency that they've created... as long as you act like a particular kind of idiot you get re-elected, even if you're literally burning washington to the ground. there's no sing vote, no moderates and consequently; no accountability.

Even as a mostly conservative dude I think the NC Districts are batshit insane.

#29 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,944 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

My social security taxes went up 2%...

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,006 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

The worst of them (the 12th which I live in) was created by democrats in order to ensure a district with a black majority. But they didn't foresee or didn't care that they were taking reliable democratic voters out of other districts such as the 5th, thereby handing those districts to the Republicans for the foreseeable future. At least in North Carolina, the democrats were hoist on their own petard. I would live in the fifth district if they were more appropiately proportioned.

Fwiw, I loathe both Mel Watts and Virginia Foxx. Perhaps if we had more balanced districts, we might get someone a little better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com